MG 5300 Won't hold printer settings in Pages

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
I set up printer settings in the Pages dialog box under Printer Settings to print high quality from the rear tray but it always defaults to fast printing from the cassette. I believe there is a conflict between Pages and Word for Mac and I've tried closing Word and restarting the computer but to no avail. I.m running Mojave on my 21.5 inch desktop Mac, 2019. This is a long-standing problem that so far I've not been able to solve so I use word for Mac, but my wife prefers Pages. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 14.43.16.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 14.43.16.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 115

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I set up printer settings in the Pages dialog box under Printer Settings
Try going into the Printer Properties and set things from there and then click apply,
I know it’s a Mac but it still has printer Properties..

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
Try going into the Printer Properties and set things from there and then click apply,
I know it’s a Mac but it still has printer Properties..
OK and thanks for your reply. I managed to get my desktop to behave with Pages by going to File-Printer setup, and making sure that the printer displayed was the same as that in the print dialog box. Still no-go, so I selected a different printer, then back too the correct printer in both the printer set-up menu and the print dialog box. That worked on my machine. However, when we tried that on my wife's Mac mini, it wouldn't work. I wonder if this is to do with the way the printers are networked. I've just checked, and ensured that my printer is shared on the netowrk.

I couldn't find Printer properties in the Systems preferences menu. Is it under the Utility menu?