MB Navigator EX 2.0

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Have got the scanner driver error back again. Was working up to 05/12/2017 but now get the same Screenshot (7).png error message. Many similar complaints on the internet. Tried downloading a fresh copy of MB Navigator but still same error message. Any ideas appreciated. On Windows 10 but may be working in compability mode.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I don't see the error message. :idunno

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Note: The printer should be connected by USB cable, not WiFi, when installing or troubleshooting.

Since this appears to be a driver communication issue, uninstalling the printer and all related software including Navigator then reinstalling all drivers and apps as if it were the first time you set up the printer should correct bad driver associations. Of course, do all this via a USB connection, not WiFi.

You did not say which version of MP Navigator you are using. Make sure you are using the latest version of all the Canon software and drivers. I think they may only go up to supporting Windows 8.1, but that's OK. They may install as per usual procedure OR you will need to install them in Compatibility Mode.

-------------

Did a Google search on "mp navigator ex an error has occurred in the scanner driver" and first hit seemed to have a couple solutions (read all the way to the last post). These fixes seem promising.

This link offers a bizarre but easily done and otherwise harmless fix. Other posters in that thread found that deleting a different file fixed it for them, so read the posts as well.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for suggestions will give it a try and report back
Tried both suggestions the file one was just what I was looking for but when I arrived at the file to delete, the folder was empty. The second one I am sure is correct in reference to ports but his suggestion produced nothing for me.
However your own comment to use a USB connection proved the answer and the printer started its scan which then arrived in Navigator EX-20. So it would appear I can print wirelessly, but not scan. I now have to establish the wireless connection. Which is probably port related. I ran all the troubleshooting suggestions but nothing was found. Thanks again

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the Canon/Canada link. Have downloaded and saved the file but I noted it was for Windows 7 and I believe Windows is using 8.1 for the current set up. As I have been all through my LAN settings and printer is working fine for now I am quite happy to use a USB cable for the relatively few scans I do. Use the copying function a lot more.

Once again the Forum Members came up with useful information and thanks again

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Since you are satisfied with the current functioning of the printer, and may not go any further with your setup, the following is aimed at any others in a similar situation as you...

Chances are the setup has not changed significantly, if at all, with the Windows 8.1 version of the Navigator software setup. Why reinvent the wheel, especially since Windows 8.x has comparability for earlier Windows OS version software.

You might be able to get the wireless scanning function working without uninstalling everything and starting from scratch, but it might be easier just starting over again and following installation instructions explicitly if you do decide to in the future.