Matching Pantone colors

cupsrus

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon PRO-4000 & PRO 1000
Hi All,
I'm considering purchasing an Epson P5000 Designer edition because I have the need to be able to print accurate CMYK & Pantone spot colors.
Does anyone here have experience with color accuracy on the P5000?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
your complete workflow need to be adjusted to the requirements of color management, the printer will do, about every better printer would do, you would need good enough color profiles, using the correct rendering intent in the driver settings - or the program you are printing from - absolute colorimetric - you need to use a paper which is capable to display the colors you are planning to use - you need some verification method/tools that your prints meet the requirements depending on the business envrironment you are working in

cupsrus

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon PRO-4000 & PRO 1000
Thank you for the reply!
We have Color management in place, and I can create custom color profiles, plus this version the P5000 has RIP software (although I hear it is a watered down version). The proofs will be used for a visual guide only for our press operators when running jobs.
I was hoping that someone here had the same printer, and had already tried to match Pantone colors.