Making memories to last noritsu vs less expensive printer.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
Today while having to print a family picture, a printing lab garanteed that this will last my hole life. When printing pictures taking as priority preserving family history on printed albums, scrapbookers requieres to make those memories to last.

But in my expecience with inkjet printers I'm not sure if I can get the same results with less expensive printer.

They use Noritsu; OSS-3800G they use photo papers like a mate one i used to use glossy photo paper with my canon ip 4920 so the idea is to do this by my self and get my finger dirty again with this new project..... I hope @The Hat @niffy and all those good friends talks to me about their expereince and let me find a good choice for this big hugs to all of u guys from dominican republic and remenber my house is your house bless u all.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi guys every one is silence this is the result of their prints and they paper they uses i live in dominican republic i can get same result in home wich machine i should buy ????
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
you are referring to a Noritsu 'printer' , the model mentioned is a specialized laser printer for the purpose
of printing photos. Noritsu is a company offering a range of photo finishing equipment using different technologies. The one referred to is not suited for home use at all, but Noritsu is offering as well smaller ink jet based photo printers for the same photo finishing business, and when you look around - Epson with their Surelab series, or Fujifilm with their Drylab series are in the same business - photo finishing with inkjet printers. But since such printers are made to print higher volume there are pricewise out of the range you most likely are willing to spend. The good thing with these printer models is that you can use the inks for these types of printers in other Epson printers with refill - you can get this way prints made with inks offered for commercial purposes, but you can print those at home.
There has quite some testing been done in this respect in another thread http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/which-pigment-ink-for-epson-1500w.9323/page-11#post-89653
with reference to the Fujilfim Drylab and Epson Surelab inks. Refill inks like these are not available for Canon printers. If you are more oriented to Canon printers you may read other posts about corresponding A3 printers here like the Pro 10 - 100 - 1000 using either dye inks or pigment inks. It all depends what you are
planning to do, what you expect in terms of durability of your prints, what you plan to do with your prints - everything between tugging them into an album or showing them off at an exhibition, or placing posters into a shop window.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
I just want to get the best possible with the chepeast printer for example i cant afford a printer of 3000 dlrs but i need to get control of all my print that may have quality and duralibility so for example epson and canon some good brands with some technologics dry inks but i want that have result of lab that use an old noritsu printer what kind of tech of that printer or wich one so u think photographer for their albums plz help on what to search and see if i can afford.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I don't know how much you want to print, how much you are willing to invest, which format you want to print. But to start a suggestion summarizing the above I would recommend as a printer the Epson model L800, or with a greater print width the model L1800.
You can easily do refill with these printers, and you go and use the ink which is used in the professional
Epson photo printer SL-D700 https://www.epson.eu/ix/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/specs/13929
You use their ink cartridges T7821 - T7826 , suck the ink out with a syringe, without needle and fill it into the tanks of the L800/1800. If you are very critical about colors, or don't like what you get this way you need to get a icm-color profile for every type of paper you are planning to use.
This is in my eyes one of the best solutions for your needs as I understand them up to this time. A laser printer with comparable picture quality is in the range of thousends of Dollars, e.g. Oki is offering models suitable for the graphics industry. There are other very good inkjet printers by Canon or Epson, in particular if you would plan to use the pretty expensive genuine Canon or Epson inks in cartridges, there are always reasons to make this choice or another.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for all your time and your answer i print around like 1000 photos i tried to seach about epson but i could not find that model i will visit america the next month i will be in atlanta north caroline washington dc and miami maybe i could find a place that print and i could see the diference of those printer. My idea is to get something that i can afford no more that 500 to 1000 dlrs but the cheapest that i get nothing cheaper than that could be better for example i get a canon pro 100 about 300 dlrs but if i find the resul on epson r300 or other models for 150dlrs i will get crazy, i want a machine withe the result of a lab that can print matte and glossy profecional paper that dried fast and color as close as a profecionals one with a duralibity as same as the pro ones but over all the refills methods cause i will get finger dirty and make people happy with their prints so the son of their son can see the picture like was printed the same day.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Epson is playing some marketing games, the mentioned L800/1800 model is not available (officially) in Western Europe, but in Eastern Europe, and to my knowledge not in the U.S. but in several countries of Middle America. The R300 is out since a long time. The Canon Pro-100 is discontinued, and depots are emptied with discount offers, it runs with dye inks, refill is possible, there are various postings here about this, I'm not familiar with the refill process, whether you refill into the original cartridges, would need a resetter or rely on 3rd party cartridges for this purpose, others can help you with that. Refill inks are offered by several companies. There might be one limitation to refill - the Canon original inks are tested very well for their light fastness , but there are about no data for this for refill inks, and my tests with Epson refill 3rd party inks are very much in line with tests by Wilhelm research or Aardenburg, they fade much faster than the original inks except those metioned above used for the Epson or Fujilfim Surelab/Drylab commercial printers, but you cannot use Epson like inks on a Canon. I'm not aware of any comparable 3rd party Canon compatible refill inks. The newest Canon printer is the Pro-1000 with pigment inks probably suiting your high requirements better. the Canon Pro-10 is the predecessor and uses as well these pigment inks, you may look for this model as well and special offers. Refill is possible for this model as well to my knowledge.

Last edited:

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
i know your idea but what i need is what specification must have the printer minimums dpi, what color must have the printer and if my photos get some drops of water it wont damage like lab one's. i need to choose what is the best i can find that i can print photos like lab for around 1000 bucks if i get something for 1000 bucks no one could find something better than that, overall that i can refill i know a lot of method of refill and that support all kind of paper the max dimension that will print is 4x6, 3x4, 6x8, 8x10, 4x4, 6x6 and 12x12 the large format so in conclusion what to get that i can print in professional paper like previous one with the same quality and durability cause i want the best that i can offer and no matter the brand i can use epson or canon i had experience with all canon line before with oem ink and third party ink hobbicolor etc.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
all printers on the market give you enough and more print resolution, that shouldn't be a decision criteria, all printers do between 600 to 720 dpi resolution, don't be fooled by the advertised 2400x4800 and other much higher numbers - that's not visible to you, that's the resolution the printer uses to render each dot with its color - it has to print some ink of each color to get the final color of that dot.
Resistance to drops etc doesn't just depend on the inks but very much on the coating of the paper as well, typical glossy photo papers can withstand that and drops run off, pigment inks like in the pro-10 are even more resistant to that, they are water resistant as well on uncoated papers.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Wowww thanks for all you explanation guys so plz i need more guys involved and tell me which printer to get at least 5 so we can compare quality, ink drye, durability, technology and the price to choose one. but i need more people and comments their experience.