Magenta is Streaky

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
I was having problems with my magenta being streaky during a nozzle check, tried different refilled cartridges which are OEM top filling. So I replaced the print head and I am getting the same issues with the new print head is anyone else have issues with thier magenta MP990 CLI-221

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@mrelmo, that would sound very much like a cartridge problem as in "ink starvation."

You may need to purge the effected cartridge once again to get it to work properly, you could have some ink in the air maze or you may have air or bubbles in the bottom portion of the sponge.

When you refill the cartridge again (Top fill) don’t over fill the reservoir and when you seal the refill hole up and remove the orange clip from the bottom, the cartridge should leak a few drops, that will tell you have a good working cartridge.

When using your OEM cartridges, don’t wait until empty to change them, always replace them at the low ink warning and they will refill and preform much better the next time you use them..

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
yes I never let a cartridge go empty, and usually change all cartridges when ever 1 is low, so I guess that I may have to recondition a couple magentas and see if that makes a difference