Lovely ebayer attitude

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just had an ebay muppet decide to give me a dressing down for some perceived inaccuracy regarding my waste ink kits.

I'd post up the link, to the item he messaged me from, but I think my subtle advertising quota for this month might be used up ;) If anyone is interested feel free to email me and I'll let you have the URL.

I've moderated the more colourful language but the grammar and spelling is pretty attrocious.

conspiracy theorist said:
Hello
You are talking a losd of BULLS**T
the waste pads have nothink to
do with

((Parts inside the printer have reached the end of their service
life ))
the e prom on the board
clockes 1 when one prints
and the css
res setes that countes
not the waste pads
so what you saying is a load of
s**t
Nice eh?

I'm guessing what he means is this:
conspiracy theorist with improved manners and English skills said:
Hello

I'm sorry but I believe you are incorrect in your description of waste ink in Epson printers.

My opinion is that the waste ink pads are unrelated to the problem. When you get the "Parts inside the printer have reached the end of their service life" message it's related to the EEPROM in the printer which stores the print count and it's this the the SSC utility resets, not the waste pads.

In short I feel you are incorrect and need to state this in your eBay listing
*cue: much more helpful response from me :)*

Weird really because he never actually says what the heck he's so incensed about or gives any reference to where I've supposedly gone "wrong".

Anyhoo... gave this little response...

Me said:
Erm. No...

What I'm saying is accurate and what you're saying (as
regards the technical details) is also true, except if I gave a full
technical account of what happens the end user would be asleep and/or
bored.

I haven't a clue which part of the description you disagree with
but here's a quick primer.

1. The printer uses the EEPROM to store
information on how many nozzle firings, cleaning routines and the time
period this has been completed

2. It uses this information and an
algorithm in the printer firmware to determine the worst case "full" point
for the printers pads. It has no detector in the pads to work out if they
really are full so it uses the programmed trigger point as the safety
net.

3. Eventually all printers will get the service required message
provided the printer is actually used enough to hit the magic trigger
point.

4. If the pads do get full and the end-user just resets them the
printer will flood so an external tank of some description is a must OR
they should get it serviced.

So, in a nutshell I don't see:
a) why the abuse
b) what's wrong with the information provided

If you have a
problem with the information and/or need clarification please feel free to
start over and make your point properly. Repeat the above however and
you'll just get ignored.
Rather annoyed at this little scrote to be honest hence the somewhat restrained rant but damn if these idiots can't spell and/or write English properly. Anyone else had the joys of this sort of "constructive criticism" ??

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Well at least he's out of your hair for a while....
He's probably still reading your response and trying to figure out what all those big words mean :)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ROFLMAO :D

True... *chuckle*

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
jackson said:
little scrote
Would the collective noun be 'an excretion of scrotes'?
I have no idea but sounds good... Gets better though... He replied...

Hello Look i dont like the way you are coning PEPS into baying your waste ink bag and it dos not mater if the ink goes down into the inkpad or into the crap bag As the end result will be the same and one can reset the counter for the with the right software if the printer ink pads are full of not
WTF?!! :/ :rolleyes:

So, I figured a response was in order.

Me said:
Ok, I don't know where you're getting your information but to put you straight on a few things.

1. The capacity of the pads in the printer is finite (there is a limit).

2. Resetting the waste ink counter does nothing to the ink in the pads. It doesn't just disappear! At best the liquid base in the ink evaporates very, very slowly over time but this depends on a slew of factors and all this is taken into account in the printer firmware (which I don't write by the way).

Now if I understand you correctly you seem to think that printer users should just reset the waste counter and ignore the pads.

That is plain lunacy as they would be guaranteeing a future overflow of waste ink complete with soiled furniture, carpets and probably a dead printer by the time the printer wanted another service.

At best a printer might manage two resets before the pads would overflow. In Canon printers it seems the average is around three to four resets but whatever the printer it is insane to ignore the waste ink in the pads.

Finally, as for this being a "con". I suggest you check the amount of information available on fitting waste ink tanks in the public domain. I regularly forward people to an open community site where all the information currently available is there for anyone who wants to modify their printer themselves.

The fact that many end-users prefer to purchase and use my kits is testament to the fact that it's just easier for them to do it that way. It is not a "con", certainly my feedback profile seems to indicate the end-users are more than happy.

I accept your opinion but I have to respectfully disagree and suggest you check your facts.

Regards.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hmm.. on reflection maybe I'm letting this individual press my buttons but perhaps that's unsurprising when words like BS, s**t and "con" are used in reference to myself and what I provide.

Erm... red rag to a bull time!!

Good grief Charlie Brown... Time for my evening meds I suspect ;)

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Grandad35 said:
Like the saying goes:"Never wrestle with a pig....."
Hello Look i dont like the way you are coning PEPS into baying your waste ink bag and ..
Put it together and you have a 'Bay of Pigs'.
Gratifying to know that our man is not only a member of the literati - but a student of history to boot.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ROFLMAO... Oh and the final couple of posts... It just keeps getting better :D

His newest reply.
Hello
i hav not seen and info from epson or in the press
about reseting
ink pads
and as i severs printers
there is no is not to gain
if you
have i bag bottel spunge
conted o the ovrefolw tube fot the waste ink
as
it will not stop the counter
.. with a second follow up before I could respond.
Hello
Look if i run epson printer
from new i will get the
Parts inside
the printer have reached the end of their service life
Masage ok

But
if ui remove the ink pads
form the printer
and ues a bag bottel spunge
out side of the
printer i will still get the
Parts inside the printer
have reached the end of their service life
Masage after a time
printeing
WOnt i

so how will your waste bag prolong
the life of the
printer
it will not will it
So, I figure to give the guy one last chance to try and get through.
Me said:
Taking both your messages together here's my final response.

I have
stated quite clearly in this
guide:
http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Epson-waste-ink-tanks-some-tips_W0QQugidZ10000000006434210

.. that resetting the counter is required. It's also in the description here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330289849721

"This kit provides you with the necessary kit to redirect all the waste into a sealed, strong bag which is easy to empty and re-use with minimal mess. All you need to do when you get the dreaded Sevice required message is reset the waste ink counter and you're good to go."

What the kit does is provide a simple way to dispose of the ink without needing to open the printer.

What good does it do? Well it stops the printer from dumping lots of ink inside the printer and risking an overflow.

I really can't explain this any clearer so if you're convinced that this is a rip off or a con then I'm not going to be able to help you understand. I know the system works, I use it myself and if I could provide the reset utilities as well I would but as SSC and other Epson service engineers share the reset utilities already it's a waste of my time reinventing the wheel.

I hope that somehow clears up your misconception of what I'm providing. 300+ happy customers (not just positive ebay feedback) seems to indicate that it's useful to more than just me.

Regards.
but obviously this guy is busy putting his hands over his ears and singing "Lalalalalala I'm not listening" (or the reading equivalent) because I get this.
Hello ok i see but your opening stament says Epson inkjet printers have a built in printhead that can allow you to use the printer almost indefinitely but invariably you find the printer declares itself requiring a service because it has filled its waste ink pads wat is a load of lies as it will still come up with a errer waning with or without your bag
Needless to say I'm not bothering to respond now... *sigh*.. I feel like the pig wrestling motif is not far wrong... :rolleyes: