Lots of new printer models

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hey folks,

I just started picking up rumblings about printers like the new Epson Clarias with their new cartridges and decided to go and have a peek at the latest models of Epson and Canon printers...

The words.. WTF?! escaped my lips more than once...

Anyway, it seems that in the past year Epson and Canon have been churning out new models to keep us all on our toes and I was wondering just how much experience there was out there of these new models.

In particular I'm interested to hear how the newest multifunctionals from Epson now fair against the Canons. Mainly this is because I did a little testing of the Canon MP750 against the CX6600 and found that the reviews were spot on. The Epson CX6600 was an absolute tortoise in the copying department and left a lot to be desired along with the fact that it tended to clog up.. Oh and not forgetting that it positively drinks ink whenever it's started up (something like 5ml at least each time).

So anyways, have people started taking a peek at the newest models out there and what do you reckon to them?

AlienSteve

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 3000CP Epson 1280 4800 7600
CX6600 having 5mL lost at startup is a bit of a stretch, unless you mean each time the carts are replaced. I think that class of Epson only holds about 14mL in the cartridge. Although 1ml lost during an automatic cleaning is not unexpected. Shocking, sucks, but not unexpected.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
AlienSteve said:
CX6600 having 5mL lost at startup is a bit of a stretch, unless you mean each time the carts are replaced. I think that class of Epson only holds about 14mL in the cartridge. Although 1ml lost during an automatic cleaning is not unexpected. Shocking, sucks, but not unexpected.
I was meaning across all the carts and I'm basing that on watching an external waste tube squirt out a LOT of ink into a tank I prep'd up for that model.

It's not an automatic clean either, it does it virtually every time you startup.. :(