Looking For New Printer

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The nominal capacity of the HP 15 black cartridge is 25 ml which should give around 25X20=500 pages, not much different from the newer Canon printers.

The Canon MX892 use a 20 ml pigment cartridge, which should give 20x20=400 pages. Not much difference from the HP.

If you decide to buy a new printer I would recommend the Canon, which is easily refillable, especially if you swap the chips from the opaque cartridges supplied to a set of the previous generation windowed ink cartridges. Also a resetter is available so you can reset the refilled cartridges to be seen by the printer as new cartridges. Refilling OEM cartridges with a good quality brand name refill ink will cost you only a fraction of the price of a new OEM cartridge.

From reading the Epson forum I get the impression that the original cartridges are almost impossible to refill, so you will have to use compatible cartridges if you want to refill. Also the chips on the compatible cartridges tend to give problems.

For these reasons I would recommend the Canon printer. But as I like Canon printers, I do not claim to be neutral.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Erie said:
I will tell you I really like my HP pcs 750.

Now you say that there is no printer that will get 2,000 pages out of a black cartage will
if you would look at the Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4350 you would see that this one does.
Your Hp printer is just too old to get parts or repairs for it so if it is too troublesome then let it go.

The WorkForce 4350 seems like a reasonable printer cheap too so
if you think youd like to switch to Epson this could be your chance.

If you believe all of the promo ads for the printer are correct then you should be very happy with it,
it also seems to do most of the things that you want in a printer.

I am not an Epson person so I take their ads with a lot of sugar.

Happy printing..

Erie

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
The nominal capacity of the HP 15 black cartridge is 25 ml which should give around 25X20=500 pages, not much different from the newer Canon printers.

The Canon MX892 use a 20 ml pigment cartridge, which should give 20x20=400 pages. Not much difference from the HP.

If you decide to buy a new printer I would recommend the Canon, which is easily refillable, especially if you swap the chips from the opaque cartridges supplied to a set of the previous generation windowed ink cartridges. Also a resetter is available so you can reset the refilled cartridges to be seen by the printer as new cartridges. Refilling OEM cartridges with a good quality brand name refill ink will cost you only a fraction of the price of a new OEM cartridge.

From reading the Epson forum I get the impression that the original cartridges are almost impossible to refill, so you will have to use compatible cartridges if you want to refill. Also the chips on the compatible cartridges tend to give problems.

For these reasons I would recommend the Canon printer. But as I like Canon printers, I do not claim to be neutral.
My first printer was a Canon and than I with to the HP .

I do like the Canon PIXMA MX892 for what I have read how easy it was to hook up and for being smaller than the other ones.

An I was very impressed over the Epson WorkForce-845 after reading about it, and the Epson WP-4530, but the 845 has a little more satisfaction on Amazon and there rating customers.

I really would like to hear from anyone that has the HP Pro 8600 and there feeling about it.

My next question is which Company has the Highest Customer Satisfaction? What Company wants to screw the customer? An which Company has the lowest QUALITY PRODUCT on the market today? Which Company will STAND BEHIND there printers 100% and if there is something wrong will gave you a BRAND NEW PRINTER no questions ask. This is what I want in the printer and the Company that I will buy my next printer from.

These question are what we ALL should be asking ourselfs.

Erie

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I have been looking at Brother All-in-One printers and the models that I am looking at are MFC-J835DW , MFC-J435W, and the MFC-J425W.

Has anyone use any of these printers and have any comments to say about them.

This is a brand that you don't really see much of, but they have a place in the market for them.

Looking for your comments on these.

santer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
They use four inks, so not so good for photos.

Photo printers use 6 or more inks

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I can recommend you look at and older Epson Artisan 800, with a CISS AND waste ink tank added. That older printer with a CISS will easily print that many pages without a refill, but you will have to reload paper every 150 sheets or so. Also, resetting will have to be done (a button push, typically) every 300-400 pages or so. In any event, the Epson WP-4350 might work, but you still will have to reload paper every 300-400 sheets or so.

Wayne

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Hi Erie

I think that the Canon MX892 and Canon MX895 are almost identical, The MX892 being the American version and the MX895 being the European version of the same printer.

So these Druckerchannel.de comparison tests cover 3 of 4 of your suggested printers, the Canon MX895, the HP Officejet Pro 8600 and the Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4530 plus some others, including a color laser AIO from Samsung.

The Canon printer is intended for small office/home office use and only prints 339 pages with the pigment black cartridges, the models intended for professional use, the HP Officejet Pro 8600 and the Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4530 both print more than 2000 pages with the largest versions of the black cartridges. But the price of these machines is also more "professional"

Compared to the HP PSC 750, aren't the professional models overkill? I think the less expensive Canon printer would satisfy your needs, if you accept to change/refill the ink cartridges more often.

Here is the test of 3 small office/home office AIO's: http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=3222&seite=1&t=alleskoenner_fuers_heimbuero or a Google translation to English: http://translate.google.dk/translat...stige_tintenmultifunktionsgeraete_fuers_buero

Here is a test of 3 professional version office AIO's: http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=3183&seite=1&t=fit_fuers_buero_mit_tinte_oder_laser or in English: http://translate.google.dk/translat...eite=1&t=fit_fuers_buero_mit_tinte_oder_laser

The professional version of the AIO's are optimized for printing plain paper copies and have only 4 ink catridges, the Canon printer is more of an all-rounder with 5 cartridges, making it better suited for photo printing.

1 = 1.35$

I hope this helps you in deciding what to buy.

Erie

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
Hi Erie

I think that the Canon MX892 and Canon MX895 are almost identical, The MX892 being the American version and the MX895 being the European version of the same printer.

So these Druckerchannel.de comparison tests cover 3 of 4 of your suggested printers, the Canon MX895, the HP Officejet Pro 8600 and the Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4530 plus some others, including a color laser AIO from Samsung.

The Canon printer is intended for small office/home office use and only prints 339 pages with the pigment black cartridges, the models intended for professional use, the HP Officejet Pro 8600 and the Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4530 both print more than 2000 pages with the largest versions of the black cartridges. But the price of these machines is also more "professional"

Compared to the HP PSC 750, aren't the professional models overkill? I think the less expensive Canon printer would satisfy your needs, if you accept to change/refill the ink cartridges more often.

Here is the test of 3 small office/home office AIO's: http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=3222&seite=1&t=alleskoenner_fuers_heimbuero or a Google translation to English: http://translate.google.dk/translat...stige_tintenmultifunktionsgeraete_fuers_buero

Here is a test of 3 professional version office AIO's: http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=3183&seite=1&t=fit_fuers_buero_mit_tinte_oder_laser or in English: http://translate.google.dk/translat...eite=1&t=fit_fuers_buero_mit_tinte_oder_laser

The professional version of the AIO's are optimized for printing plain paper copies and have only 4 ink catridges, the Canon printer is more of an all-rounder with 5 cartridges, making it better suited for photo printing.

1 = 1.35$

I hope this helps you in deciding what to buy.
I would like to THANK-YOU Inkjet Master I have found this very interesting information.

The other night I was thinking about printers made by Brother and found three models that I liked. My first one that I think is better than the other two models. The Brother Multifunction MFC-J835 DW, that is my forst choice out of the three, my second choice is the Brother MFC-J 435 W and my third choice is the Brother MFC-J425 W.

I would really like to have your thoughts on these three printers, and gave your opinions on these and the other ones that I gave and gave the printer that you would buy First choice, Second choice and Third choiceout of them all.

You have been very helpful with all your information.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
As I have never owned or used any of the suggested printers, I cannot tell which is best. But there is no such thing as an ideal printer. But you might find a printer that meets your demands for a reasonable price.

I can only give the advice to check the web for reviews, specs, price of the printer and supplies, ease of refilling if you want to save on running costs, etc. for the printers you consider buying.

Erie

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
InkJet Master I just got off the phone with Brother and ask them which out of the three Brother Printer has the most bell on it and they told me that the Brother MFC-J 435 W has very thing you need. I ask them about the cost and it is $99.99 and than I ask them about how many page you would get out of a cartridge of Black and how many out of Color and they told me 300 copies out of both. Than the big question what does a cartridge cost. For Black $14.99 and Color $9.99.

With all this information is it chap to operate it? I know I can go to Clickink.com and get it at a reduce price there.

I did forget to ask what the paper tray would hold.

What is your thoughts on this printer?

I have tried to bring up reviews on this printer and can only find a few of them.

I would like to know what Clink has to say about it and also PC Computer.

Do you know any where else that I could look?