Looking for a printer for line art watercoloring

Nexty

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
none yet.
I've recently been trying to get into some new hobbies and have been intrigued by the idea of using watercolors on coloring book line art. What I want to be able to do is print on at least semi-decent watercolor paper (at least 140gsm?) and not have ink (or pigment?) cause problems. I'd most likely not be printing that often, maybe once or twice a week. I'm not even sure if a inkjet is the best style of printer for this sort of task. I don't have any printer right now and would like to keep cost in the below $350 range if possible. It is after all something I'm mostly interesting in as a relaxation activity.

I've been scouring google looking for an answer and while I've seen some YouTube videos where someone got good results the videos are often many years old and with discontinued printers. This seems to be the place to go for answers for printer questions so I thought I'd try my luck here. Any advice would be great!

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
What do you mean "watercolors on coloring book line art."

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I don't have any printer right now and would like to keep cost in the below $350 range if possible.
A cheap mono laser printer would work for you at your price, otherwise the cost will be treble for a better quality pigment printer..

Latest posts