Looking for a printer for duplex printing 4x6 color postcards

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It looks like the problem is more about finding a suitable photo paper than finding a suitable printer. I think you can do "Manual duplex" with almost any printer by printing first all pages 1 and then flip the stack and print all pages 2.

I once bought a pack of 100 pieces 10x15 cm or 4x6" photo paper in a discount super market. The package was labelled "Photo Cards" but the back side of the cards was plastic coated so it could not be printed. Even ink from a ball pen would not stick.

TGWOH

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922, Canon Pro 100
Hello. I am looking for a printer that can handle auto duplexing 4x6 post cards. Probably 100lb weight / 270 gsm. Can’t be wider than 0.016” thick per USPS Specs.
I’d hope to not have to hand feed them and be able to have a large feed and output queue so they can print a lot without intervention.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Saw this on the MX922 printer. It is pretty old. You might check later models.
  • When a media type other than Plain Paper, Hagaki A, or Hagaki is selected from Media Type menu of Quality & Media, duplex printing cannot be executed.
  • When borderless printing is set, duplex printing cannot be executed.
  • Duplex printing can be performed only when one of the following paper sizes is selected from Paper Size.
    • US Letter, A5, A4, JIS B5 (B5 JIS), Postcard
  • After printing the front page, there is an ink drying wait time before starting to print the back page (Operation stops temporarily). Do not touch the paper during this time. You can change the ink drying wait time from Custom Settings in the Canon IJ Printer Utility.
  • When you use the automatic duplex printing function to print a postcard, print the address side first and then print the message side.

Edit:

YourInkedGirl

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L360
That’s not possible because duplex won’t work on such a small sheet, you’ll have to use a bigger sheet and cut it down afterwards..
That's right, but here's what my friend suggested, you can try this.
Epson L5190 Wi-Fi All-in-One Ink Tank Printer with ADF comes with EPSON Starter Ink Set
he say's that this is just fine with the task..

Latest posts