Looking for a durable B/W Text Printer with CISS

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Why would you go for refill cartridges if you can get printers equipped with a CISS already, you can run those very cheap with the OEM inks , or slightly cheaper, not by much, with 3rd party inks , there is not much room anymore to lower the price. You are not looking for any particular options on you printer, just for a base model. I decommissioned my last L310 at something like 58000 pages because I screwed it up with some ink mixing tests , and that just with refilling now and then and replacing the waste ink container.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
There is now a range of Epson printers (Ecotank) which come with user refillable tanks and a refill ink supply. They come in various specifications to suit various printing needs. I bought an Expression ET2600 Ecotank for my daughter and she is delighted with it. As a special needs school teacher, she prints off a lot of stuff for her pupils.

A printer from the Epson ET (EcoTank) line would also be my recommendation, far more reliable than using an CISS kit on a printer and less "potential" mess.

A relative of mine owns a ET-2550 and has been happy with it, the latest revision of that model is the ET-2650 which costs here in the UK about £170 which is pretty darn close to your 140 euro budget. On the few occasions ive use my relatives ET2550 ive also been happy with it.

Ink for them typically comes in 70ml bottles for each colour (for Epson branded stuff) and 100ml aftermarket. Thats the equivalent of about 7 carts in a single refill of any colour enough to see you do your 1500 prints easily (especially if its just text).

You will also get the benefit of colour not that you need it.

You can also look at Laser printers, BUT LOOK VERY VERY VERY CAREFULLY AT THE COSTS OF TONER CARTS (they vary massively model to model and i doubt there are many that will have a toner cart as cheap as you can buy cheap, but good quality 100ml ink for which is around £5 a bottle).

Rico Nizzo

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-2650
I'd go with Epson ET series as well. I print a lot of stuff as well and decided to buy an Epson ET-2650 and I'm happy with my choice. You should do a bit of research to see which printer is best for you. There are a lot of articles like the one below that will give you useful info.
https://www.petagadget.com/blog/ciss-printers/

Latest posts