Lidl Photo paper on sale next week

bsanotrun

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Redbrickman said:
Some will have noticed my postings before about the excellent Lidl glossy photo paper.

It's back on sale next week

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/.../lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=23031

A real bargain, A4 and 6 X4, cheap as chips ;)

About the only thing cheap in UK!
Thanks for that
I had not tried Lidl photo paper before, so only bought one packet of A4.
It really is very good so went back today to get some more
Sold out, it seems other people have also discovered how good it is.
I dont normally use Lidl for shopping so next time its available another heads-up would be welcome.

PhilC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I ve been using this Sihl 280gm glosssy paper from Lidl for the last couple of years in A4 on a Canon ip3600, using a CISS and Fotorite (IS) ink, and found it excellent and very cheap.

Today I ve bought a Canon pro 9000mk2 and ideally would like to use the same paper, I ve got 500 A4 sheets left so would be good if I could use the same for bigger prints. I ll be using the same ink, but want A3 or A3+ which Lidl dont sell. I know Sihl paper is sold under other names/brands but have no idea which they are, anyone know? I live in Spain by the way so shipping costs could be too high for anything not european.

WolfgangExler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
PhilC said:
I ve been using this Sihl 280gm glosssy paper from Lidl for the last couple of years in A4 on a Canon ip3600, using a CISS and Fotorite (IS) ink, and found it excellent and very cheap.

Today I ve bought a Canon pro 9000mk2 and ideally would like to use the same paper, I ve got 500 A4 sheets left so would be good if I could use the same for bigger prints. I ll be using the same ink, but want A3 or A3+ which Lidl dont sell. I know Sihl paper is sold under other names/brands but have no idea which they are, anyone know? I live in Spain by the way so shipping costs could be too high for anything not european.
In the US paper from Sihl is sold by Inkpress. There may be some printer manufacturer selling Sihl paper under their own brand (someone on Paperworld fair told me that Epson Semigloss is made by Sihl).
There are a few Papers which compare with Sihl semigloss, look for Satin or Lustre/Luster coated paper. I do not know where to buy paper in Spain, but I often use www.amazon.co.uk to buy Lyson Satin, Olmec Satin or Photo Paper Direct Satin paper in UK which is also available in A3+

If you send me your postal adress via PM, I'll send some sheets of different papers comparable with Sihl semigloss so you can compare yourself

Wolfgang
Stuttgart, Germany

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Have you tried TPI 240g Paper? You get it from Conrad Electronic in Stuttgart from 10x15cm to A3+ all over the year in glossy and lustre.

tomv80

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am also using the glossy paper from Lidl, sometimes also from Aldi. That is also very nice and very, very cheap!