Lexmark 20 color cartridge help

angze79

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have an all in one printer that uses Lexmark 20 color cartridge, I bought a new refill cartridge off the internet it was working good, I refilled it once then all of a sudden my printer does not recognize the color cartridge no matter howmany times I reinstall it, anyone know of this problem and a solution:(

bigben2525

kickbox
Reaction score
Bad news... It sounds like the cartridge has failed electrically. You should buy a new cartridge and start the refilling process over again. If you are going to refill the cartridges yourself then you should buy a brand new OEM cartridge and stay away from cartridges that have already been refilled. Usually those cartrides have had more wear and tear compared to a new one that only you are handling. *NOTE* Once you notice your print quality start to change and fade refill the cartridge right away and don't push the cartridges limit. It will cause the cartridge to fail electrically earlier than it should.

tissouth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
try cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser, gently, you may have ink on the contact from the refilling process, but he is probably right, you may have a problem electrically. Dont let the cart run completely dry befor refilling this may also overheat the contact and cause it not to work.

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
tissouth said:
...Dont let the cart run completely dry befor refilling this may also overheat the contact and cause it not to work.
do you mean Lexmark cartridges only, or it goes for all inkjet cartridges?

tissouth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Lexmark tends to be more sensitive than HP, and I am not sure yet about Cannon, but they may be sensitive also.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Try going into printing preferences/maintenance tab. There you can tell your printer that you have installed a new colour cartridge.
Hope this helps!!