Leaking black and yellow not printing

olivertwist

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:barnie:barnie:hit I have a canon ip3000 inkjet printer, the other day i refilled all the tanks and the printer worked fine for about a month or so then after which i refilled them again it worked good for a few days to week and then without warning one day it just would not print yellow and after a while the yellow got contaminated. Ok, I flushed the yellow not knowing what to make of it and deep cleaned all the heads until i literally had to refill again and still no change, no yellow and the other colours does not seen right. However whenever i do a nozzle check for each ink tank it works fine but when all of them are in together mayhem. PLEASE PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!!!!!! :hit:hit:hit :bow:bow:bow :he:he

olivertwist

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am new to this site and i need some help my canon IP300 will not print yellow dispite several cleanings, and the black ink is leaking but very slow though. What is happening, i had refilled all the tanks and on the second refill problems. What should i do?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You mention two different printers - IP3000 and IP300? I am unfamiliar with these models but the principles of the BCI cartridges are the same as with later model printers and cartridges.

1) What method do you use to refill? Are you using only OEM Canon cartridges to refill?

2) Examine each cartridge for too much refilled ink (Possible Black problem). The cartridge will drip/leak when taken out of the print head. Make sure no ink is in the air vent system in the top of the cartridge - this would prevent equalization of pressure in the cartridge as ink is used, creating negative pressure until no ink would exit the cartridge (possible Yellow problem). You can use your mouth to blow air through the top of the cartridge if there is ink infiltrated into the venting system.

3) Try reseating all the cartridges within the print head and then make sure the print head is locked down as well. Afterward, repeat the nozzle check once.

4) Post an image of your nozzle check. Use the "Upload" function found above in the green bar. Do not resize the image. If you crop the image, do not cut off any of the colored print out area.

5) Do no more printing or cleanings for now until you post the nozzle check and get feedback.

6) Try new OEM Canon cartridges in place of the problem cartridges. If this fixes your problems then this is a cartridge (s) problem, not a print head or printer problem.

If the issue is not the cartridges, or the cartridges being seated properly, then most likely your print head is malfunctioning. We'll know more once you perform the above steps