Konica 2400W drum resetting...

xmastree

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hmmm, I appear to have acquired one of these, second hand.

As it's used, some of the consumables have been consumed. Specifically the drum cartridge, which was warning me it needs replacing. I started looking around for prices (~$150) and I also noticed people selling reset kits for the drum on ebay. Claiming that if it's still printing well, there's no need to buy a new drum, just reset the 'fuse' and you'll be good to go.

Hmm... sounds interesting. So, I looked for some connections on the cartridge which might lead to some internal fuse. I didn't find any, instead I found this.
Looks like a spare, doesn't it? There are two connectors in the printer which this bridges when installed.

Can't be, can it? That obvious? So I pop it out, and it appears to be an 80mA fuse, which has blown.

As I didn't have one, I erm, bridged it with the thinnest bit of wire I could find and put it back. The printer wouldn't stop resetting, so I turn it off and decide there must be more to this than meets the eye.

I removed my wire and put it back together. W00T! No errors. So it seems that the presence of an intact fuse will reset the internal counter, then presumably it pops the fuse. My wire didn't pop, so presumably the printer kept trying. But it still reset the counter. Once I took it out again, all was well.

angela0007

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
You should also clean out the waste toner from the Magicolor drum unit. there is a little slot that you can open and empty. then replace the fuse.

This will resulty in less issues.

THis place give me clear instructions on reusing drum units..I have a magicolor 2550dl

http://www.zinetic.co.uk/drum_unit_reset/