Kodak Ultima Photo Paper Discontinued

fadeaway

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just to let you all know that this paper is discontinued. Kodak is going for the nanoporous with its "instant dry" ability

The great advantage of the Ultima paper was it's ability to seal out ozone and other contaminants because it was a swellable polymer type. AFAIK the only swellable polymer paper available now is Illford Classi- glossy, or pearl.

You may be able to find this paper at deep discounts. I did pick up some -about 120 - 8-1/2 x 11 sheets for about 60% off at Staples.

Good luck!

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
fadeaway,

I have never used any HP paper, but I believe that the HP papers that are rated for a long life with their dye based inks are also swellable (long life, inks run when wet, etc.).

For my "critical" prints I use Ilford Classic Pearl, which I buy in 13"x19" sheets for about $25 for 25 sheets.

fadeaway

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
You are correct about HP. They do have one swellable polymer paper called "HP Premium Plus Photo Paper"

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
From what I've seen, this paper only works in HP printers, and then only with HP Photo inks. It didn't work very well in my Business Inkjet and didn't work at all in my Epson R340. So it's great if you have a HP photo printer, but not for Epson or Canon users.

I've always kept away from Kodak papers though, I've never had good luck with them, though I never tried the Ultima, just the Premium Professional back before Ultima came out. I've seen in Staples they also have a higher 'professional grade' Kodak paper designed for Epson printers. I'm not sure if they still carry it.