Kind Siresses and Sirs, Where to start with a MX850

cctexsyn

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
This is a terrific site. Thanks so much for all the words of wisdom. I gotta tell you as a neophyte just starting out, it is overwhelming, so I just went and bought another set of cartridges for this dadblamed machine.

I have the Canon Pixma MX850, with those itty-bitty ink thingies. (Notice my grasp of the vernacular.) Picked up a few things on my ventures thru your travel trove of descriptive terms. I have bookmarked at least 40 topics that deal with the varied refill techniques, supplies, inks, troubleshooting tips, etc. Now I sit humbled, bumbled, dazed and confused. Where the heck to start the exodus into refilling.

I would so appreciate 1. A list of materials to purchase, to start the process. 2. I also would appreciate any suggestions of the "best" refill method, right inks to purchase that have proven to be reliable for my particular machine. 3. Companies to purchase them thru. I understand this may be a request that really is too broad or possibly disallowed by the forum rules. But new folks are spinning in circles wondering where to start.

Okay maybe just me, Sorry to admit I need some hand holding but this here post is a start and I gotta get off high center.

Thanks in advance for any input offered. I realize all the requested info is probably right in front of my face but I seem to not be able to organize it in a meaningful list. I eagerly await all offered assistance.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530

cctexsyn

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Kind sir, I thank you for simplifying my life. Have yourself an outstanding day.

I appreciate your input.

I admit your page was the one I was on, when I was getting ready to PM you I said " Self you might ask the question in a post that might help others go to a central spot for nobs."

Presto ghwellsjr comes to the rescue.