Just for fotofreek

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I am in hopes that you and your wife do see clear to visiting Ayres Rock and doing a Dreamtime Citrcuit.

However, be aware that in general Tours are a fly in - fly out with a bus trip between. The content of that bus trip is variable. Most all will get you to a 'set menu' vantage point, so look carefully at the prospectus and ask questions and demand detail content.

I have been up there twice. Both times with the same Company. First was a normal tourist type event basic sleep under the stars in a swag, days between showers, but a great bunch of kids and the Tour Leader was friendly with the Elders of an Aboriginal Reserve. Result we got a day and a half of the real thing. Without his access it would have been just a tourist trip that was fun due to being just 14 people doing it rough Outback style, meals under the stars cooked on an open fire with wood we gathered ourselves.
The second was a photographic tour of the same area, but we had a professional Photographer Grenville Turner....google him www.grenvilleturner.com and by chance (if you believe in chance) a Guide by the name of Adam. Grenville got us access to Connors Station owned by the Aboriginals, he is accepted, one of the very few,

and Adam...he is gifted with the heartbeat of spirits, and I am just not sure that he is aware of that, but it is very strong in him. He walks the path of the Thread of time, and the Land he walks on knows him as one of theirs.....for sure.

anyhow

If you come, research, research, RESEARCH before you leave so that when they plonk you in front of something you already know all about it.......just in case.

Adam sat under a Gum and spoke of the Land, its formation and its People, he wears a white mans body

Adam under a Gum Tree-2.jpg

A Gum Tree under the Olgas, Grenville Turner and Adam writing the Dreamtime on the earth from whence it came...

Adam under a Gum Tree.jpg

On Tribal lands we hear the local Lore from a junior Elder

Telling Dreamtime Stories.jpg

The night before we had a visit from the Main Man (left just a shadow with his back to me (as I did not have his permission to photograph!!) Left beside him is Paul leaning on a shovel, it was his know how that got us there in the first place... on the right, 2nd last, in black is a descendant of Captain James Cook the English Seaman Explorer that proclaimed his Lands to be the Property of the King of England!!
I dont believe that any White person saw the Irony of that chance? meeting. No one said anything of it but just look at his body language......You know just some times a person just gets to stand alongside a fracture in the very fabric of time

Cooking a Meal.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Great glimmer through the window of this spiritual area. Thanks, 3dogs.

Then I have contributed something of value that you can hold up alongside your own memories and share....makes me feel good - thank YOU!