Just a word of thanks

maverick

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
After owning an Epson R200 and CIS kit which has rendered good services but tends to clog easily I was tempted to try a Canon, having read good things about them.

Through this forum, after reading countless posts, I finally decided to get a Pixma MP780, 2 sets of Hobbicolor cartridges plus ink and a CD-tray off Ebay. I did the modification, and guess what, it works.

I also played around with the profiles in photoshop, and was pleasantly surprised by the results. I didn't think much of profiling before, because I thought my pictures printed out fine. But, after comparing, I must admit there's a real difference in the faithfullness of colors, the reds had a purplish tint and the light blue is deeper (and this is using Canon OEM ink).

I'm going to wait for my original's to empty before switching to Hobbicolors. I plan on keeping the original carts for flushing out the print heads if need be. I'll be using my two sets of Hobbicolors as refills. From what I understand, when my Hobbicolors ink runs out, it might be worthwhile getting MIS ink for better ink quality regarding archival properties.

The only thing I miss with my new Canon is not being able to use the "Epson Print CD" software which I prefered to Canon's CD Labelprint. I don't like how the image quality of my scans are degraded in CD Labelprint compared to Photoshop (300 dpi looks very grainy in Labelprint compared to Photoshop). I might print directly from Photoshop if I get around to building a good template or find one.

I'm thankfull for all the people who put time and effort, sharing expertise, making my printing experience so much better.

maverick

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I built a Photoshop template and I'm quite satisfied the print quality. What a great printer! Silent, fast, good quality prints and reasonably priced inks.

Just gotta love those Pixmas.

maverick

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
jackson said:
Care to give a 'how-to' tutorial?
For the Photoshop template? If asked, I wouldn't mind sharing the template. It may not be "state of the art" Photoshop technique but it works perfectly with my tray B.

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
maverick said:
jackson said:
Care to give a 'how-to' tutorial?
For the Photoshop template? If asked, I wouldn't mind sharing the template. It may not be "state of the art" Photoshop technique but it works perfectly with my tray B.
In the simplest terms please ;)

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
@Maverick
Because the Canon 'CD Label print' software doesn't allow a printable area more than 118mm, I added an additional choice of 119mm to your handy dandy PSP template.
I find the extra mm is useful inasmuch as sometimes a fraction of a mm is obvious where dark colours are used to print to the edge of the CD and because the combination of the tray, printer, etc , conspire to prevent something less than perfection ;)

http://rapidshare.de/files/26952215/Canon_Cd_multi_hub.rar.html

maverick

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
True, on some media, 119mm is needed to prevent the "dreaded" white ring.

I see you added a pletoria of hubs in the template. Funny, I was just wondering if anyone actually got any use for these templates. Filefront reports close to 100 downloads on these files, but that doesn't mean much.