Is it possible to use Canon PG-640, CL-641 inks with the MG2270?

Residues

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm from Asia, I recently moved to Australia with my Canon pixma MG2270 printer which uses the PG-740 and CL-741 inks. When my ink ran out I bought the Australian version of those cartridges (PG-640 and CL-641) since they didn't have the 740 types here, only to find it wasn't compatible...
Is it possible for me to get my printer to recognize the Australian inks? Those 2 new cartridges cost more the printer itself :(

Thanks!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Residues said:
Hello All,

I'm from Asia, I recently moved to Australia with my Canon pixma MG2270 printer which uses the PG-740 and CL-741 inks. When my ink ran out I bought the Australian version of those cartridges (PG-640 and CL-641) since they didn't have the 740 types here, only to find it wasn't compatible...
Is it possible for me to get my printer to recognize the Australian inks? Those 2 new cartridges cost more the printer itself :(

Thanks!
No sorry you cant, but youve have answered your own question, just get a new printer !

I would suggest however that you try to invest in a printer that uses single individual cartridges
at least that way you could save $$ by refilling your own cartridges. :)

Residues

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
sigh I should have done more research before buying this cheap printer.. the cartridges are so expensive and now I have two spare ones that don't work with it :(

Oh well, thanks for the help! At least now I know what to look for :D