Is it easy to refill the toner for Samsung ML-2010?

lnthai2002

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,
I intend to buy the Samsung ML-2010 black and white laser printer but it come with 1000 page print toner, so i guess i have to refill it after a month. I wonder if any one have done the refill task for this printer yet. My friend told me that some printer are hard to refill than others. Moreover, when i check the spec of most HP laser printers, i saw that they come with the drum and toner but the samsung ML-2010 does not say anything about the drum. Does it mean that the drum for this machine is built into it and can not be replaced? If so, can this printer work for long?
I am a student and my work required around 2000 pages printing per month so i really need some cheap printer(printer+ink) that can produce large amount of print job but.
If anyone know the answer, please let me know.
Thanks in advance
Thai

paulw1539

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The drum is part of the cartridge, but I don't know how to refill it yet. Any refill the 2010 before?

thrif-t

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just got a ML-2010 myself and looking at refills from various sellers. One of them states
"Simple instructions show where the existing factory fill hole is located. This hole can be
used to refill the cartridge easily. Only a screwdriver and/or pliers are needed to remove
the fill hole plug. Refilling time is about 5 minutes."
This is the TonerKits company, both Ebay and online sales, $6.98 per bottle.

I looked at my starter toner cartridge and could not spot a fill hole plug, I am thinking
that you need to remove the screws from one of the ends and remove a cover to access it.

I went for Office Depot's deal on this printer ($48 after rebate) - how can you go wrong at that price?
It will replace a HP Laserjet 4L that I bought a very, very long time ago, it's developed new noises,
figure it's time to put it out to pasture.