iPF750 head replace, nozzle check 2 boxes missing and errorcode

justroll

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
IPF750
hi

anyone know why this is happening ? I bought a new head $$$ and this is happening

1591020125525.png

when doing a head cleaning i get a 2F42 error at the end, nozzle check pattern are all ok besides two boxes totally missing

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
"Q) Error 03800500-2F42 appears on my printer
A) The error ending in 2f42 & 2f43 relates to a certain number of nozzle that are block in your print head. Run a nozzle check pattern to see which print head needs replacing."

http://www.ipfprinter.repair/Canon-iPF750-Printer-Repair.html

1) Did you buy the printer new or was it used?

2) Has there always been a problem or did the printer once work perfectly for you?

3) What was the issue that caused you to buy a new print head? Did it come and go, happen suddenly, get worse over time, ever improve, etc? What have you done to correct the issue? Please be as detailed as you can.

4) Where did you buy your new print head from?

5) Anything change since installing the new print head or is the issue the same as before?

6) Have you tried the instructions in your manual concerning head cleanings?

See pages 740 of the manual. Do no more than it instructs as repeated deeper head cleanings may lead to nozzle burn out.

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300004471/02/iPF750-UserManual-Eletter-140.pdf

If you can, please scan the nozzle check, crop and save to an image file and then post. While we can clearly see the lack of certain nozzle colors, the other nozzle check latticework of lines is distorted and I cannot tell if there are issues with them.

justroll

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
IPF750
1) Did you buy the printer new or was it used?

I bought it used, printhead was 2780 days old

2) Has there always been a problem or did the printer once work perfectly for you?

I swapped the head instantly after purchasing the unit, the problem was present after the first nozzle check

3) What was the issue that caused you to buy a new print head? Did it come and go, happen suddenly, get worse over time, ever improve, etc? What have you done to correct the issue? Please be as detailed as you can.

Printer told that head needed to be changed, tried to reset the head counter, but printer kept asking for a new head. Nozzle check

4) Where did you buy your new print head from?

Original Canon dealer

5) Anything change since installing the new print head or is the issue the same as before?

Printer accepted the head, after installation if it gave 2F42, power off the unit, started the unit, performed a nozzle check (2 times) then all colors were there, besides the two boxes.

I can print full media and full size.

6) Have you tried the instructions in your manual concerning head cleanings?

I tried head cleaing A & B but no difference, after each head cleaing i get the 2F42 error

See pages 740 of the manual. Do no more than it instructs as repeated deeper head cleanings may lead to nozzle burn out.

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300004471/02/iPF750-UserManual-Eletter-140.pdf

If you can, please scan the nozzle check, crop and save to an image file and then post. While we can clearly see the lack of certain nozzle colors, the other nozzle check latticework of lines is distorted and I cannot tell if there are issues with them.

Joined, please beware the yellow is perfect on paper, scan seems to smudge a little bit.

Attachments

• 20200601_Canon imagePROGRAF iPF750.pdf
    199.5 KB · Views: 495

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thank you for those answers. I have more questions.

I swapped the head instantly after purchasing the unit, the problem was present after the first nozzle check
Was the original print head malfunctioning. If so, how?

Did the printer have issues before you purchased it? Did you ever see it running without issues BEFORE or AFTER you purchased it?

Did the new print head you installed NEVER function properly, ie always and from the start have issues?

Printer accepted the head, after installation if it gave 2F42, power off the unit, started the unit, performed a nozzle check (2 times) then all colors were there, besides the two boxes.
Confusing. The nozzle check showed ALL the appropriate latticeworks initially OR has there ALWAYS been 2 missing latticeworks?

Looking at the PDF of the nozzle checks it appears there may be some minor issues including one missing nozzles in the bottom of the middle black latticework. This may be resolvable and in any case probably will be difficult to detect on printed images.

I can print full media and full size.
Do you mean you can print images/whatever and everything appears appropriate, except for when printing nozzle checks?

Original Canon dealer
I do not know what this means. Merchants out of China have been selling used print heads in pristine counterfeit packaging. I asked who the seller was in order to determine your risk for purchasing a counterfeit used print head.

For all we know, your "new" print head is the issue and the seller should be contacted to make amends. It could be other issues such as an irreparable malfunctioning logic assay board.