iPad app for MG6150?

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
As the MG6150 does not support airprint, I cannot print directly from my iPad. I've been looking for an ios app that enables direct printing from iPad to MG6150 (direct, not thru cloud). All I found was the Canon Easy Photo Print (iEPP) app that only prints photos or scanned images. I also want to print .docx, pdf, .xlsx, mail, webpages etc. Anyone knows an iOS app that supports this for MG6150?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't know if it is any help, but here and here are Google translated druckerchannel articles about printing from Apple products.

Last edited:

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
@The Hat: That's how I do it too. But in this case I am trying to get my dad to use an iPad and he refuses to use any computing device that doesn't interface to his beloved MG6150 :)

@Peter: thanks for the pointer, I'm going to check it out.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The simple answer is to get your Mom to have a few strong words with him…. :lol:

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
The best option I could find (thanks again Peter, for the pointers) is the "Pixma Printing Solutions" app. From within a document you have to use the "Open in" option (not "print" as this will look for an airprint compatible device) and then select the app.

Unfortunaltely, you cannot print from applications that do not have the "Open in" option, like the mail client.

Joosybow

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP F2400
As the MG6150 does not support airprint, I cannot print directly from my iPad. I've been looking for an ios app that enables direct printing from iPad to MG6150 (direct, not thru cloud). All I found was the Canon Easy Photo Print (iEPP) app that only prints photos or scanned images. I also want to print .docx, pdf, .xlsx, mail, webpages etc. Anyone knows an iOS app that supports this for MG6150?
try the print n share app its pretty adaptable at printing most things you will find it on the app store

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
Ok, thank you. As the app is eur 6,99 I sent them a question whether it works with the MG6150. If it does I will buy the app.

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
It turned out they also have a free app for testing with your printer before you buy. I downloaded it and could print the test pdf directly from my iPad to my MG6150. However, I'm not going to buy the app because the printed text quaility was pretty bad (thick pixalized characters). I think they use a poor renderer for converting the text. Too bad because the app looked pretty good. Replies to my emails were promptly (within the hour, both AM and PM).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It might be the case that the free App does this deliberately (Scrambled) but the purchased App would work properly, you could mail them and ask !..