IP8750 images cut off from the bottom

EpicRuin

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP8750
Hi everyone,

I'm seeking some advice with an issue I'm experiencing on my Canon iP8750 printer. Whenever I try to print an image, the end of the image is getting cut off, and I can't seem to resolve the problem.
Photoshops "Scale to fit media" doesnt fix the issue, neither does manual placement within the print area.
broken.jpg
I've attached screenshots of my print settings for reference.
Screenshot 2024-01-11 210949.png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 203641.png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 203654.png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 203702.png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 203737.png
if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.
I Am quite new to printing so it could be something simple?

Thank you in advance for your help!
(also, I made another post here regarding swapping to different inks and just want to clarify I haven't done the swap yet and I'm still currently on default Out of Box INK.)

edit update 1: I have successfully printed a different image in borderless mode just now and it came out fine with exactly the same settings applied as the image that will not complete. completely baffled.

Last edited:

EpicRuin

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP8750
Try rotating your image and print from the bottom first..
Hi, Thanks for the reply and advice. Just gave that a go and weirdly, this was the result.brokenstill.jpg

however, i noticed between the text and image (main portion and grey bottom portion) - I had a dark grey / black line (see image one, photoshop settings)
I removed that line and re-blended it, and its since printed perfectly.

worked.jpg

it would seem, somehow (I dont understand how or why) - that the dividing line was somehow signalling my printer to finish the print early?

seemed to of got it working for now...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hmm strange problem, did not know there can be dividing lines in photoshop that make printer to cut imaged when printed.