iP7250 ten orange flashes error

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
Hallo!

I tried to print on matt photo paper several times but the printer refused to take the paper. I then printed OK on glossy photo paper but soon after that the printer refused to function and gave the ten yellow flashes error. According to the manual, ten yellow flashes for the iP7250 means the paper is incompatible and so I thought of a papaer jam. I've checked by removing the back cover and taking out the paper trays and can find no paper. I wonder if I've triggered the system so that it still thinks there's a paper problem. This is what happens:
With top cover closed:
1. Press power button - white lamp flashes.
2. Front cover drops down.
3. Carriage moves very slightly then stops
4. White lamps flashes continuously and yellow error lamp flashes ten times.
With top cover open
1 and 2 as above
3. Print cart moves to RHS
4. White paper rollers run a short while then stop
5. Print cart moves to RHS of centre
6. Print cart or something near it clicks seven times
7. Print cart moves full RHS then back to centre
8. Paper rollers run for a short while then stop
9. Print cart moves to centre
10 All print cartridge lights are illuminated (all are full)
11 No other movement and white power light still flashing
Then when I close the top cover
12 Print cart moves to right then to centre and stops
13 Yellow error light flashes ten times

It does seem as though the printer thinks there is a paper problem.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

John W

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Ten orange flashes can mean paper size is incorrect for duplex mode. This is not a paper jam, per se, like bits and pieces of paper stuck somewhere, but sensor(s) in the printer indicate you are using a non-compatible sized piece of paper to duplex print on. Removing that sheet of paper resolves the error, at least that is the idea.

Ten orange flashes can mean some other issue such as the dreaded B200 error. Numerous remedies have been suggested. Here is one from Canon tech support. Another page of possible solutions. Use Google to search on "Canon 10 orange flashes" or "Canon B200 error" or whatever you can think of that might be pertinent. Keep is short and to the point to get best results.

If the printer is still under warranty then contact Canon for warranty service.

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks, stratman.

I'm wading through the links you sent me but, interestingly, one nearly worked. With the machine off but plugged in, you open the top cover, push the printer cart to the far left, press the power button five times, then close the top cover. That got rid of the ten flashes. But when I went to print a test page, they came back again. I'll work my way through the rest of the suggestions, then post back here if I'm successful.

The message I liked best was this:
"I tried all the above and still no-go. So I went and bought an Epson."

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The message I liked best was this:
"I tried all the above and still no-go. So I went and bought an Epson."
:D

Best of luck in resolving your error. We all want you to succeed!

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Got a bit further!
Did the lifting the top cover and pushing the cart to the left. Got rid of the yellow flashes. Went to print a test page. Printer started to go through the cleaning cycle and cleaned about three print heads. Then it stopped, the power light went off and it won't start again. I'll try changing the lead.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It sounds very like an overheated print head, it’s just a pity you don’t have another retired print head that you could install to break the link with the current error messages.

Try removing the head and carts and leave the printer unplugged for 5 minutes, then power on and if no errors, install the head again and see if you got an error, if not install the cartridges one at a time, you should close the top lid with each install...

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Right. Changed the lead. Ran the printer and counted how many cleaning cycles before it stopped and switched off. Suspected the second cartridge (small black) and changed it. Ran it again. Better. This time I got only four flashes. Problem with ink tank. Not happy with yellow - didn't seem to click in place properly, so changed that. Now, just about to have another go. Fingers crossed!

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
No. Same as before. Gets halfway through print cycle and switches off. OK - thanks for your patience, Hat, now about to try your suggestion.

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
OK. Took out carts and head. Switched on. Five flashes - print head not installed. Installed print head. Four flashes, carts not installed. Installed carts. Ten flashes. Followed the lifting the top cover and run procedure. Now about to try a print - no, same as before - goes halfway through print cycle and switches machine off. However, when I took the carts and print head out,, I noticed a lot of ink around the big black cart. Now, this has been blocked for a long time and I've used the machine on colour, just using the other four tanks. I'm now wondering whether it's sensing the blockage. What do you think? I have tried soaking the print head several times but can't unblock the big black channel.