iP7250 single white line

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
It's been some time since I've been here - good news because my three printers have been working well. Now, however, I have a problem with my iP7250. This one has no big black cartridge because I was unable to unblock the channel but it works fine when selecting photo papers. Yesterday, though, it suddenly started to produce a single white line half way down and horizontally halfway across the page in portrait format. The line is about 1 mm wide. The test print is OK with all colours showing properly (except the large black of course)

Any ideas?

Thanks from Sunnyjohn

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Please post an example. Crop the image if necessary for us to easily see what is going on. Also, if this image is NOT a nozzle check then please also post a nozzle check.

It is also important we can tell if this is ink missing from a SINGLE color/cartridge. Obviously it would be easier for us to tell what is happening if this missing ink showed up on a nozzle check, but you say the "test print" is OK. Is this test print a nozzle check or something else?

For now, unless directed otherwise, print only nozzle checks to minimize the risk of burning out nozzles in your print head from ink starvation (if that is the problem).

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
Thank you for your reply, Stratman. I disconnected and reconnected the printer and it is now printing perfectly! I assume therefore that it was a software problem. Thank you again and apologies for troubling you!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
No trouble at all. Happy to hear your issue is resolved! :thumbsup