IP7250 - page goes through printer, still says 'No paper'

XmaX

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP7200
I have a bit of a curious problem with my IP7250. Whenever I print something, whether it's from lower or upper cassette, the printer takes up the page as it should, then it goes through the printer without any printing, shortly followed by a second page which gets stuck halfway through. At this point, printer says there's no paper in printer.

The only thing that works is using the disk tray,

I'm assuming it'd be something with some rollers, but which ones? I saw similar issues reported here, but it was when the page wasn't able to take up a page for printing - here, it clearly can, so must be some sensor that's malfunctioning.

Help is greatly appreciated.

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Not sure I can help you but some of the IP7250 cousins like the MG5350 are junk. I had a problem with the feed control on my MG 5350 which I solved by inserting a small sponge pad from one of those washing up pads under the rollers underneath the printer. As for the IP 7250. It could have been a fantastic printer and I bought 4 of them. Everyone of them let me down in some way and it wasn't the usual culprit- the printhead. I now have 3 printheads which were in perfection condition and 4 ip7250 printers which ended up at the tip. As for the MG 5350 it was the noisiest printer I ever owned and it has followed it's cousins to the tip after refusing to recognise 2 of my cartridges. Feed problems I had with my IP7250s were with duplex printing paper jams and sometimes showing other paper jams.
Wouldn't yet give up on your printer though. When it's working it was a worthy sucessor to the IP4500.Try roller cleaning and bottom plate cleaning and then remove the plastic plate from the back of the printer to see if there is any blockage. Good luck. The IP7250 is a fantastic printer and well worth spending some time on trying to fix it