IP5000 Printhead?

eixty

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is their anywhere besides Ebay to buy a Canon IP5000 printhead? Does Canon's official site have a store to buy print heads? Thank you

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The online Canon store in USA is at http://estore.usa.canon.com/

The way to buy printheads from Canon is to call 1-800-828-4040.

You will find that the prices for printheads are often cheaper directly from Canon than from sellers on eBay.

One rather dispicable scam being run by some eBay sellers is the stripping of cartridges and printheads from printers and selling them separately while trying to sell the printer body without cartridges or printheads.

eixty

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the link. do you know how much it would cost directly from Canon?

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You'll have to call. They are very helpful. You can ask for prices without committing to buy. I think the shipping charges are quite reasonable too.

eixty

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yeah, I was looking at that Ebay page awhile ago. I'll also trying calling Canon and see if their price is cheaper. Thanks for all your help.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I bought a new printhead for my ip4000 on E-Bay from Inkcessories. It came as a brand new, sealed in foil printhead - worked perfectly. Would have no qualms buying from them again. Over Labor Day they had a 10% off sale on all printheads on their website - wish I would have picked up a spare for both my ip4000 and ip6000D - was hoping they would repeat the sale around Christmas but not yet.
But it would be interesting to see what Canon USA prices are.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Inkcessories was much cheaper than Canon for my i960 printhead. as trainman mentioned, Inkcessories also sells printheads on ebay. Their ebay prices are better than their web site prices, but they don't always have the printhead you need on the ebay store.

eixty

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yeah, I just purchased from Inkcessories as well. Since it was only $50. I didn't call Canon as I didn't think they'd go lower.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You might also try your local authorized Canon repair shop. The one I use is:
Daisy IT Supplies, Sales & Service in Rancho Cucamonga CA.
They have surprisingly cheap prices on printer repairs and parts.
800-266-5585