IP4920 printer just errored out on the absorber tray reset..

easytimes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The question says it all… Is there a future for refilling, or is it going to be a thing of the past soon? What do you guys think?

Please take a second to answer "Yes" or "No" and reply with your reason (optional).

It really hurts my heart, but for me, without applying many dollars of repair bills, for now, I am out of refilling with multiple (re)filled tanks sitting in my resource bin.

My favorite of all... IP4920 printer just errored out on the absorber tray reset... I waited too long and it went to red, and I'm at a loss for resetting the counter. No attempts have been successful. Then there's my IP8500, IP4200, and IP4700... with only the IP8500 having any hope at all. The other two have just gone completely dead... no response to the power button. With only the wife's MG6220, and my two... MG5420 and IP7220... refilling is very dim. The MG6220 was great for a while, but even completely flushing the print head doesn't prevent clogging with refill ink. I haven't even tried the other two with the PG250 and CLI251 tanks. I may look into them, but I haven't yet.

My main reason for refilling has recently taken a very big hit, as well. It felt like being forcibly retired from a job I loved, with all the emotions that go with it. Sorry for the "no" vote, but as people become discouraged by the printer manufacturer's efforts, the providers of the ink may not have a reason to continue to sell products to a shrinking market. For the short term, die-hards will maintain course, but in the long run, without some wonderful discovery, I fear we will all mourn the loss.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
......My favorite of all... IP4920 printer just errored out on the absorber tray reset... I waited too long and it went to red, and I'm at a loss for resetting the counter. No attempts have been successful.
@easytimes - I remember reading some years ago that you can reset an ink tank warning that "goes red" (at least on the older printers) if you first remove the print head, then do the reset.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
@easytimes - The printer is of the PGI-225/CLI-226 generation, so a Canon service tool should be able to reset the absorber counter even if the printer is locked due to a completely full absorber. To let this thread stay on topic, please start a new thread in the "Canon Inkjet Printers" forum if you need/want more info.