ip4300 replacement...

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've been filling my canon printers for a long long time so I would like to keep with the canon carts since I have had great success refilling and I also just got a new supply of inks.. I want to spend anywhere from $80 to $130 for a new one. I have a nice scanner so don't need that unless the printer that comes with the scanner is worth it.. I have looked to see what's even available... The ix6520 is one I have noticed. Do you have any other models I should look for ? Thanks

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I see 21 people looked at this... come on guys.. just throw out models that you like and have worked well for refilling... thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
dwolf said:
I see 21 people looked at this... come on guys.. just throw out models that you like and have worked well for refilling... thanks
The iX6520 will work well for refilling for you, its got smaller carts that are opaque
but you can overcome that problem easy by using 220/221 clear carts instead, so panic over.. :)

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
220/221 clear carts... that's just buying a set of empty carts ??

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
dwolf said:
220/221 clear carts... that's just buying a set of empty carts ??
The Hat has been perhaps overly brief with that...

What he means is you can get a set of 220/221 cartridges (full or empty depending on whether you want to use the ink or not) and just do a chip swap so you have 225 chip on the 220 cart and the 226 chips on the appropriate 221 cart (colour for colour).

Once you've done that you then get a set of compatible cartridges with all the benefits of OEM design but with a little window to help with refilling.

Does that clarify?

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for responding... I needed a printer immediately so I ended up buying the MG5420 at best buy with a nice Amazon price, which has the cli-251 carts. I am now in the process of learning exactly how to fill them and reset the printer... looks like I will need to buy the clear xl carts so I will need a good source for a set of those and then someones good instructions on all of the steps.. Thanks

Latest posts