ip4000 slowish printing

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
OK guys it looks like my ip4000 is on its last legs. I just had a quick look at the 2 Service printouts I did yesterday, and on one of them the (1/2 tone)magenta was definitely dimmer than the other printout. I couldn't tell which one I did first though. In any case, I did a nozz test and sure enough Mag had a streak in it as well as those grey squares to the left were not right. Did a clean x3 with a nozzle test after each clean. It progressively got worse with cyan developing streaks as well. Then I did a deep clean and another nozzle test. Same.

So.... in the unlikely event there's something else I can do to "fix" the printhead (like soak it in a solution or something) it looks like the printer is destined for the scrapheap sadly. I know it would be a tall stretch to think one could replace a PH of this vintage.

One thing remains strange though and that is I've not had any warnings via the orange light.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Wow just checked the iP4000 head temps on this 4000 and it read BK=28, TempC=27, Env Temp=22.5.

I have never understood leaving a printer on constantly and drying out the power supply capacitors. The iP4000 power supply is sealed with no ventilation.

If I want to print something I power up the printer and power it down when through and cut power to every thing at night. Any loss of ink for doing this is good for the printer because ink is cheaper than iP4000 print heads but used iP4000 printers are still around.