IP3600? Any good for refilling?

chirantha7777

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planing on buying a IP3600. I'm wondering how it will perform with refills. Do these printers have that cartridge issue were the cartridge becomes unrecognized? I'm expecting a printer that will do me some 4X6 photo's for at least 1 year without causing problems.

I got a IP3500 but the cost that will come once I replace the waste ink pad and print head might be greater than the price of a IP3600.

I also am worried a bit because the IP3600 uses 1pl nozzles... will it have a greater chance of getting clogged??

Thanks

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I have the ip4600 which is similar but with more nozzles. I also use stratitec ink I think you'll be pretty safe as long as you use a decent quality ink. I haven't had any nozzles clog on me, but also with that I did discover that my stratitec ink does not play well with oem carts and can have flow issues with them so I have been refilling third party carts with no adverse effects.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I know you are struggling with your printer situation but I think you have prematurely given up on your iP3500. I know you are concerned that the waste ink pad must be full because you have gotten the message twice and reset the counter twice, but most people that have gone to the effort to replace it have discovered that it wasn't any where near full.

If I were you, I would focus on trying to get your iP3500 running again without spending any money on the waste ink pad or on a new print head. You can always get one of the thin metal pan liners that they sell in the supermarkets to put your printer on, just in case the waste ink pad overflows. Then I would focus on the print head. In order for us to help you, we need to know how it does on a nozzle check. Do you want to give it a try? If you do, please don't do anything except what we tell you to do here. In particular, resist the urge to remove your print head from the printer and attempt to clean it.