IP3000 yellow clogs frequently

Zapp_Brannigan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
when i print something color the yellow wont print and i get red/blue images. if i run a clean or print a page of yellow text the yellow comes good. if i leave the printer for a day without printing color the yellow will be clogged again and ill have to clean/print yellow again to fix it. this has been going on for months now with 2 seperate carts (only used genuine canon ink).

what can i do?

thanks

Tom Hock

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
For a while now I have suspected a poor seal between the ink tank and print head may allow air to enter the print head and cause the ink to harden in the head and cause a clog. Does your yellow tank seem to seat well against the rubber washer seal on the print head ... the same as the other colors?

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You probably have a semi-clog in the yellow channel. It is commonly agreed that you may cause a damage to the printhead if you keep printing without fixing the clog. You can try a fairly safe trick. Use a syringe to drip hot water into the ink intake where ink cartridge is plugged onto it. Hot water means very warm but not so hot to burn your skin. While doing this you can dip the printhead into a small dish of warm (hot) water about a quarter inch deep. By doing these you essentially flush the ink in the printhead out. The clog may be cleared as a result. Handle the printhead with extreme care. Some people reported that they damaged their printheads when soaking their printheads in water for too long.