IP Pixma 1600 HELP PLz

jakm4n

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just started refilling new canon CL-41 and PG-40, which are nice to remanufacture (sturdy and solid frame). I don't have a printer yet for the shop to test them, I filled a set up for a customer and it sounds like they have a cartridge recognition serial number on each cartridge because the customer came in and said that printer software told him that the cartridge inserted has been refilled do you want to continue, if so press resume. Now he said there was not Resume button. Can someone post or email (jpeg format) a snapshot of the ip 1600 print interface so I can see what he is talking about? Or maybe post a solution it this issue. He said he looked and looked and could not find the resume button.

Jakm4n

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
jakm4n said:
I just started refilling new canon CL-41 and PG-40, which are nice to remanufacture (sturdy and solid frame). I don't have a printer yet for the shop to test them, I filled a set up for a customer and it sounds like they have a cartridge recognition serial number on each cartridge because the customer came in and said that printer software told him that the cartridge inserted has been refilled do you want to continue, if so press resume. Now he said there was not Resume button. Can someone post or email (jpeg format) a snapshot of the ip 1600 print interface so I can see what he is talking about? Or maybe post a solution it this issue. He said he looked and looked and could not find the resume button.

Jakm4n
clipboard01lk0.jpg

micahd02

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
You speak of refilling the Pixma 1600 cartridges (types 40 and 41), but NuKote and others tell me there is no way to do it. In fact, I cannot figure out how to do so, but I am a total novice at it. Would you mind describing the method, and explaining which color goes where in the color cartridge?

I have all the tools necessary, having at least two completes sets of refill tools, and a completely equipped workshop, in which I can even make my own tools, if needed.

Thanks

Micahd02

dashisiong

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
where do u found your canon pg-40 and 41 refill tools?

sylv

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I think its so easy to refill Canon Cli-40 and 41, u can open or remove the label and there is a little hole (for air circulation).
If u want to refill, u can make a bigger hole at the air circulation hole. (each color has 1 air circulation hole).
After u make a bigger hole, u can injection the correctly ink color into that hole.
Maybe for Cli41 its quite difficult to match the color, but u can take this way. Put a wet tissiue and touch at the head catridg (it will shown blue/cyan, red/magenta, yellow) so refill the left hole with cyan ink, at the middle with magenta and the right hole with yellow ink.

Hopely that this information can be helped

theinkguy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
sylv said:
I think its so easy to refill Canon Cli-40 and 41, u can open or remove the label and there is a little hole (for air circulation).
If u want to refill, u can make a bigger hole at the air circulation hole. (each color has 1 air circulation hole).
After u make a bigger hole, u can injection the correctly ink color into that hole.
Maybe for Cli41 its quite difficult to match the color, but u can take this way. Put a wet tissiue and touch at the head catridg (it will shown blue/cyan, red/magenta, yellow) so refill the left hole with cyan ink, at the middle with magenta and the right hole with yellow ink.

Hopely that this information can be helped
It is this easy I have done like 300 of each...drill and fill at will lol they take about 4ml of each color and around 16ml of black ! Use a tooth pick to determine the color and it really is that easy!

any questions??

Cheers