IP-4300 Fine Black Line on Nozzle Check

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Both the "CCMMYBK" and "CCCMMMYBK" lettering from the two print heads have a dark green tint. They should be a neutral grey. This indicates a problem with magenta missing or being too weak. The rectangles on both the sides of the letters for the dye colours should also be neutral grey, the green tint could indicate both a problem with magenta and with colour matching, so which refill ink do you use?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
My reference to your purge unit was not to say it wasn’t working properly but merely that it might be the place where the colour cartridges were picking up some contamination and if so to clean the general area !

You still need more cleaning to get all of the nozzles properly working again.

Here is a good video that explains how and why you need to clean your purge unit, it doesn’t matter whether it’s an Epson or Canon they both need some attention from time to time.

Enjoy compliments of @jtoolman
http://youtu.be/iKzxAm9QtWo

Edit:

Last edited:

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
After an overnight soaking and initial head clean, I let the head sit unused for another day.
While the light magenta doesn't show well in the scan, it's obviously there on the paper.
The black bar on top of the yellow has gone (which was my original concern).
I had previously checked the purge operation inasmuch as I placed cleaning solution on it and saw that it's appearance changed after - it had a hint of white.
The left part of the scan is unretouched, the right has the gamma changed.
img465.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Your getting there but no cigar just yet, the light cyan/magenta are still only at about 50% so I would leave it to sit without doing any more nozzle prints and try it tomorrow just to see if the rest improves the situation any..

Latest posts