IP-4300 Fine Black Line on Nozzle Check

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
600 dpi is maximum, else it's too large to upload.

img455.jpg

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
"light" cyan (fine nozzle row) is weak, "light" magenta (fine nozzles row) is missing almost completely..
..I think this results also in the green cast of the light bars on the left which should be neutral grey..

Extended nozzle check can show more details
Cleaning or "soaking" the print head in water or cleaning solution (out of the printer) is recommended.

Printing with no ink coming through a nozzle row will burn this nozzle row...

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Not familiar with 'extended nozzle check'.
I've put the head to soak overnight ( gave it a cleaning a week ago to no avail).
Note the PGI 5 with the ring of ink - significant? - however that cart, with all the rest of them came from another printer (which now has the originals and shows no problem).
p 004.jpg

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
PGI ("text black") seems to work fine according to the nozzle check (the black pattern on top)

But the weak or missing light color fields (if my impression of the nozzle check is right) should result in a color cast if you are printing with higher foto quality settings... a nozzle check of a flawless pixma can show you how these light color fields should look like...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I had a good look at the nozzle print and I can see small traces of black in the light Magenta and also in the yellow so there is black leaking from somewhere, or it could be the purge unit (Parking station) where the print head rests.

If you’re soaking your print head try using warm water and washing up liquid (Dreft) or any other brand and leave it over night, you would also have time to give the purge pads a clean, just pull the power plug when you’re removing the print head.

You can use anything you have to clean the purge pads Alcohol, Windex or just plain water and use kitchen towels to soak up all the old ink.

While you’re having problems getting a good nozzle check it would be advisable not to do any test prints till you can resolve this issue, Nozzle checks are acceptable.

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I think it's purging OK, previously squirted water on the pads and looks like it sucked it away.
Here's the side by side of the problem ip4300 printer on left and good ip4500 printer on right.
Then the same image with contrast added.
n.jpg
n.jpg

Attachments

• dc.jpg
    dc.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 253

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Are the light bars on the right looking more neutral or as greenish as the bars we can see from the 4300?
They should be neutral grey ... if you want to get some more nozzle test patterns and information, search for "extended nozzle check"..

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Thank you for posting ... there is something wrong with the "fine" nozzles of magenta and cyan I think (both colors have two nozzle rows, each one more for the lighter areas of an image)
Hopefully the cleaning helps, but these finer nozzles could be burnt already, because it may have been overlooked and printed without ink flow for a while...
Good luck anyway!