IP 4300/ 4500 Waste Pad Changeout?

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I've been trying to ignore the fact that my printers probably need to have these cleaned out. I've opened these printers up before, but not sure how to remove the printer from the bottom chassis. Anybody have experience with these models?

If nobody has pics I will try to document the process. :)

Anybody know of any waste ink mods for these models?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
nanosec said:
I've been trying to ignore the fact that my printers probably need to have these cleaned out. I've opened these printers up before, but not sure how to remove the printer from the bottom chassis. Anybody have experience with these models?

If nobody has pics I will try to document the process. :)

Anybody know of any waste ink mods for these models?
Both of these are on my list to modify and I already have pics of the iP4200 which is unlikely to be much different...

The short answer though is that you have roughly four screws to release from the base in roughly each corner of the printer..

What you REALLY have to look out for are the CD Tray sliders that lift and lower the front metal runner... These can be a cast iron pig to get back in if you haven't paid attention to how they were when you started... I'd strongly recommend taking pictures before you start, especially of the front tray and around the printer during each stage so you can refer back if you get a bit lost as to what goes where.

Oh and you'll need to remove the power pack to get to the back left (viewed from front) screw.

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If I can be allowed a supplement to nanosec's post - why does the pad have to be replaced?
What goes into the pads is water - why isn't it simply evaporating?