Introduction

gailstorm9

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX892
Hi, I'm Gail and I just joined. I thought I had revived my Canon IP5000 so I tried my first refill. The refill went fine but the printer appears to be dead after all. I got a Canon MX892 to replace it so I'll be seeking info here on refilling that printer.

I love this forum and all of the helpful people who share their knowledge!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
When you say your iP5000 is dead what exactly do you mean, can you elaborate a bit more?
Just curious.. :hu

gailstorm9

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX892
One day it turned itself off and every time I turned it on, it immediately turned itself off. It would stay on if the cartridges were removed but as soon as I put them back in, it would shut off. I reset the waste counter but it didn't help. I got a used printhead for $10 locally but the nozzle checks were striped. I soaked it overnight in windex and let it dry but it got worse plus the yellow disappeared completely. Then it started giving me a print head temperature rise error again so I gave up. I was kind of bummed because my new printer doesn't print on CDs.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Would you not consider purchasing a new print head for it..?

gailstorm9

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX892
I thought about it but for $100 it's a risk since 2 heads are now dead with the same high temp error. Maybe the printer is a head killer.