Interpret waste ink counter values on Artisan 800?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
caitsith2 said:
That is only the top side of the platen pad. For the bottom side of this, flip the printer up along the side, and remove your paper tray.

This is where your Platen Pad actually is. (snip)
Thanks for sharing those images...

Because WICReset and iWIC both reset both of the counters, you would actually have to keep track of when the platen pad actually reaches about 100%, and check this one out. If you have the adjprog for your printer, you can selectively reset only the Waste Ink tray, and let the platen pad continue to count up, till it is nearly full.

These pictures apply to the Artisan 700 and 800 series, (as well as PX700/PX800 and TX700/TX800 series.)
Yes.. this is definitely something that's important to anyone who is printing using borderless printing. I've not made an particular issue of it as the bulk of users are not using borderless printing and there has tended to be a point where too much information was overloading end-users.

Time to update my FAQ articles though so I'll include the platen pad information when I get to that particular one. Oh and as for relevance, I'm pretty sure the later models are going to have the same arrangement as these ones so this probably covers up to the current crop of PX730WD and PX830FWD (and siblings in other zones)

jayismyson

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
it was all left to the main pad counter then the platen could

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
jayismyson said:
it was all left to the main pad counter then the platen could
Sorry, didn't understand that... Could you clarify please?

John Badcock

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 800
Can you send me a link for the resetter?(Artisan 800)
I have a resetter for the 700 and 800 series, it hasn't specifically been on a 810 yet but if anyone wants to try it, let me know

You can get the North American resetter sent to a UK e-mail address, so I'm guessing it would work with any e-mail address, however, it only reset the counters back to 40% on first use, then didn't work after that.