Insure proper ink tank venting

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Leaks? Huh? The sponge is probably just a little overfilled. Put it over a drinking glass and let it drip. This shouldn't take more than a few minutes. Then wipe up the excess, seal the new hole you made with tape or something, and blow into the vent. Blow a few drops to 1 mL or so out of it. Wipe off the excess ink again, and it should be good. The sponge should hold the ink no matter how many holes you have put into it. (However, there MUST not be any unsealed holes in the ink chamber!)

Tom Hock

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I think Grandad35 may be right. The holes I added for the German fill method and the one used to move the sponge were sealed. The outlet port and serpentine top vent were open. The ink tank was never filled by the top fill method, so there were never any holes placed in the ink chamber. When this tank was left in a sealed plastic food container, right side up, with the outlet port unsealed for about a week considerable ink had leaked from the outlet port and the ink tank was 3/4 empty. I didn't expect this and maybe some day I will play around with this idea but for now I just wanted to let everyone know this was not such a good idea. Tom

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
It sounds like you may have broken the seal between the two chambers at the top.