Instructions

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Why is it that so many people simply do not read instructions?
Is it so difficult? I really wonder.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Maybe because instruction manuals start off with so many pages of warnings, cautions, and other junk that nobody reads anyway. Or were you talking about instructions on this forum?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
There are some people who are "instruction-challenged." Someone whom I am very close to has an immediate mental block when presented with "Step one:". Others feel so confident that they plow ahead without looking at the instructions, anticipating that they can either intuitively master the device/software/project/etc or learn on the fly.

You do see qustions on usergroups that are absolutely elementry. Some impatient experts on these groups respond with putdowns or sarcasm, and some respond with simply typing RTFM (READ THE F---- MANUAL.) I've refrained from asking software questions on some usergroups for this very reason. No pleasure to be flamed for an honest request. This Forum has the very kind culture of responding to the even the most basic newbie questions.

Jane

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
With some instruction manuals it is the result of very poor translation from one language to another.