Instructions for refilling Epson Stylus Photo R240 cartridges

PW

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have recently bought a used Epson Stylus Photo R240.

Although I have previously refilled cartridges on Canon printers I cannot readily see where and how to refill the cartridges in the Epson R240.

a. Can someone suggest:

b. The best place to drill into the cartridge for refilling with ink (presuming drilling is necessary)?

c. Whether what appears to be a small rubber bung or plug on the top (near to the front) of the cartridge can simply be removed, the ink inserted and replaced?

d. Is that the 'best' way of refilling with ink, if not how?

At present is has JetTec brand (E95) compatible cartridges in, not Epson 'original' cartridges (UK reference: T0551 / T0552 / T0553 / T0554).

Thanks for any help.

Peter

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
PW said:
I have recently bought a used Epson Stylus Photo R240.

Although I have previously refilled cartridges on Canon printers I cannot readily see where and how to refill the cartridges in the Epson R240.

a. Can someone suggest:

b. The best place to drill into the cartridge for refilling with ink (presuming drilling is necessary)?

c. Whether what appears to be a small rubber bung or plug on the top (near to the front) of the cartridge can simply be removed, the ink inserted and replaced?

d. Is that the 'best' way of refilling with ink, if not how?

At present is has JetTec brand (E95) compatible cartridges in, not Epson 'original' cartridges (UK reference: T0551 / T0552 / T0553 / T0554).

Thanks for any help.

Peter
Here are some threads for you to have a look at and also a video
that will help you get to grips with the refilling of these Epson cartridges.

It may not be exactly what youre looking for but it is an excellent tutorial all the same ok..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB8QspjBbhk

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=50403#p50403