Instant Ink Damages Printer!

TimHP123

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi office pro 6960
Around July 2020, I began to have problems with my HP printer. It’s stopped printing cyan (blue).It was about a year-old and just out of warranty, the only inks I ever used were instant Ink from HP.

I tried cleaning the printhead, and I began to wonder whether it was the ink so, I asked HP to send me some more ink, which they did. I had the same problem even with replacement cartridges.

I looked inside the printer and I saw a black/dark ink sludge deposited at the bottom of the printer.

In October 2020 having just bought a new printer to replace the one which wouldn’t work, HP wrote to me and said that the blue ink was faulty, They have accidentally dispatched faulty ink.

it’s not my printer, it’s there Ink. I’m still waiting for the final resolution, but it appears that HP have accepted that their inks were faulty and that they have caused damaged to my printer.

If you have had similar problems, keep the old ink cartridges because they will need these as evidence. Surprisingly, they don’t appear to have kept a record of the batch numbers dispatched to HP instant Ink users.