Inks oozing out from print heads

bharat

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Photo 1400
Hi,

Not sure if problem of inks leaking out from print head has been discussed on this forum before. Could not find anything similar to the problem I am having. I wonder if anyone else has had a problem below.

I do some Black Only printing using 6 black inks in various lightness. I recently bought 2 Epson printers - R800 and Stylus Photo 1400 from ebay. Thinking that I should really wash out remains of previous colour inks from the print head system I cleaned both printers using the Magic Bullet. It is recommended product for head cleaning stubborn clogs. Though there were apparently no clogs I slowly pushed the Magic Bullet solution through the print head as recommended. Unfortunately now I find that when I insert the cartridges inks simply run through the system and through the print head. If left over night all ink have disappeared down the head rest. Both printers were supposed to be OK before doing the "cleaning". Inks run out from both printer heads.
Question is what would cause the print head to be "open" to inks? Does the Magic Bullet somehow make print head defective? If I put tissue paper under the print head I can see the inks oozing out :(

Thanks for your help.
B