InkRepublic not resetting Ink Level

RogerS

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 7900 /3880
I have just installed an inkrepublic set up on an Epson 3880. followed the instructions to the letter. I now have a printer that recognises all the carts but will not reset to full (in fact they all show empty) but the printer says ready, and will print a nozzle check but not power clean ( it says no maintenance cart when you try ) Has anybody seen this problem.Roger

RogerS

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 7900 /3880
I have tried all the reset options including refitting original carts , have also unplugged for 24 hours ( i read somewhere that works ) .so i have taken off the control chips and put OEM chips in place on the refill carts , reset using a maintainance cart reset tool ( i did not realise it would work) and am now printing with the Piezo Inks.I will still try to get the reset chips working sometime if anybody has a suggestion .Roger

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The maintenance cart chip resetter will, I believe, reset cartridge chips but the ink levels need to be above a certain point or they can't be reset anymore.

Not sure what else to suggest but worth contacting Ink Republic to see if they have any new information not on the site, etc...