Inkpress ICC profiles for Epson P800 Surecolor

Silverlace

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P800 surecolor
I have been trying to download the ICC profiles for Inkpress lustre and Inkpress Rag Cool Tone 300 for Epson p800 surecolour. I am using Windows 7

They download to and show up in

Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

However they do not install into photoshop (CS5 or CS6).

After having two technicians look at the problem, the conclusion seems to be that something is amiss with the profiles themselves.

I used to have an Epson 3800 and now just tried downloading the 3800 profiles without any problem. Only when I choose the P800 will the profiles not download.
Any suggestions?

I cannot see a way to call Inkpress. Does any one have a telephone number. I emailed them on their website and directly to their email, but no reply.

With thanks.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Silerlace.

I was able to download both the ICC profiles you discussed. There seemed to be a brief lag before the Luster profile was able to be downloaded.

There are instructions on the page for each paper on how to download, install and use the ICC profiles: http://www.inkpresspaper.com/profiles_forwindows.pdf

In those instructions is the following for installation. Note the specific method to make the ICC profiles accessible to Photoshop. Did you follow that instruction?

Next, move the file you just downloaded, which will have a name similar to inkpressglr1900.icc to the following location:

You can also right click on the profile and select Install from the pop‐up menu. This will make the profile available to all applications that support color management, including Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, and others.

So, more is needed than just copying to a specific subfolder. You nee to manually install the profile. There is more in the instructions on how to use the ICC profile with Photoshop.

Silverlace

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P800 surecolor
sadly I did exactly as you describe but the profiles are not showing up in photoshop. When I do same sequence for an Epson 3800 ICC profile and then click install it shows up in photoshop.

when I download from the Inkpress website it turns up automatically in the Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color folder as you specificed.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
when I download from the Inkpress website it turns up automatically in the Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color folder
You didn't choose that specific location for the file to be saved? Windows will only save things to where you direct it.

Which files did you download, specifically their names, both in the drop down box selection and the actual file names on your hard drive?

Also, you might want to try uninstalling the profiles, delete the profile files, reboot, download the files fresh and try again.

Silverlace

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P800 surecolor
Here is the lustre profile link on inkpress. http://www.inkpresspaper.com/profiles.asp?PaperID=40

At the bottom of page, it asks you to pick the printer. The Epson p800 is listed and I picked it. Then a message comes up to ‘download the file’

once I click on download, it gives me a choice to save it or to ‘open with’. I choose ‘save’ and then it shows up in this folder.

Then when I click on it in the windows folder, I get option to ‘install’. I click install but it does not turn up in photoshop.

When I do same process with the Inkpress lustre driver for 3800, it does turn up in photoshop.

Here is the file names in Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

upload_2017-9-7_18-42-40.gif
upload_2017-9-7_18-42-40.gif

any suggestions most welcome. I have tried loading and deleting, starting over etc etc

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I downloaded the Luster file again. It does not automatically save to any folder other than the one you have told it to or to the default location. Maybe it saves it to the Color subfolder because it remembers and reuses the last place you saved a file.

After downloading the file I double clicked Left mouse button and it was copied and saved in my Colors subfolder. Since I do not have Photoshop or an Epson I do not know if the ICC profile was installed as well. Maybe you could try this procedure rather than Right click on the file and then select Install. Maybe try a combination of the two if the first does not work.

Other than that, you could uninstall the printer, reboot, reinstall the printer, reboot, then try installing the ICC profile. Maybe there is corruption in the Epson printer installation. Same goes for Photoshop. I doubt this will work since you are able to get the Epson 3800 profile to work.

Is your old Epson 3800 still installed in Windows? Is it the Default Printer selected in Windows? If so, maybe this is impairing the installation or recognition of the P800 profiles.

If you do uninstall the P800 printer, try installing the ICC profile before reinstalling the printer and see if Photoshop now recognizes it.

Try sending another email to Inkpress. Maybe the profiles are corrupted.

Maybe this is their telephone number: http://www.printingnews.com/company/10006037/inkpress-paper-co

Silverlace

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P800 surecolor
Thanks.. I'll try to reinstall..

btw, I also found that number for inkpress and it is out of service. They obviously do not offer any customer service.