Inkjet refill machines

lsmayer

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I'm new to the forum and to inkjet refill business as well. I'd like to start my own home based or retail business and wonder which are the best refill machines out there.

I looked at the following vendors:

Ink solutions
R-Jet Tek
CBR-SME
SpeedBrite

Ink solutions told me that it takes about 8K investment to get the initial equipment and supplies. I'm willing to spend that much if the equipment really worth it. But since I'm new to this I'm not sure which way to go.

Also, which company offers the best training course on inkjet/laser refilling? I'm also looking for training if somebody can offer.

Thanks,

Les

Kenyada

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The reason that I got into refilling ink cartridges was to save money. As a potential customer, could you please tell me why I'd choose to add the cost of a professional refiller AND shipping/handling. :)

drugman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I had same problem about a year ago. I live in Austin, Tx and found a place called Toner Plus( in austin). They have good training and a decent product. They have a vaccum machine that does not fill the cartridge. You will need syringes. they sell programable filling machines but they are worthless. Just stay with syringes until you get to big for your pants. Using their stuff you could get started at about $6,000. You can add later. I am looking for a new machine that will fill, clean, vaccum to replace the Ramora machine-it works ok, but the compressor will drive you deaf. See Tonerplus.com

InkDoodle

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
lsmayer,

I can certainly help you out on everything that you may need to help you get started and avoid the mistakes I made in purchasing expensive equipment I didn't need or equipment that wasn't worth buying....

First of all I would stay away from Thai France as I have a centrifuge from them and a simple piece of solder fell off the machine and I couldn't use the centrifuge any longer.
Maybe there other equipment is much better but not a good impression.

This is the equipment I currently have;

Speedbrite 10/10 rating

Speedbrite refill and vacuum priming machine - I rate this machine 10 out of 10 for cost and efficiency. I base this machine on simplicity, ROI and support (phone/email/Returns). Out of all the machines Ive tried for starting costs I would really recommend these guys. You can contact Jim or Tommy at speedbrite.Jim was actually the first one to start me off on my business and he said Ron if you buy this machine it will only take you about 80 100 cartridges to get your return on investment I said true but tell me more about your support for the machines etc. etc.. They probably have one of the best support procedures for all of their products and free advice (from Tommy)..I called these guys 3-4 times a day asking them questions that would of probably costed me $$$$ to get and they didnt mind. As well I used to email Jim about 10 times a day and out of the week he would answer probably about 69 out of my 70 emails sent.
Their machines really have everything you need to fill and empty and prime a cartridgeit has the latest vacuum chamber technology, vacuum for priming and multiple fill lines for different inks to use. www.speedbrite.com

Rjettek 9/10 rating

I use Rjettek to purchase my inks and clips they are one of the number 1 resellers for OCP ink and everyone knows OCP.you cant get any better than OCP inks.
I did purchase a vacuum priming machine from Rjettek and it costed me about 450$usd plus shipping of 70$ and customs since I live in Canada. I dont use the machine as my speedbrite machine has a vacuum-priming machine so essential its just collecting dust as my speedbrite machine has a handy vacuum machine.

Rjtek can also provide you labels and other refill accessories but right now I purchase a lot of cartridge clips from them as I find they have the best snug clips right now that work for me. Ive purchased clips from others and when I blue tape seal my cartridges I find Rjettek to have the best snug clips to properly seal the cartridges with blue tape and snapping the cart in the clip. Some clips that I have used are just horrible and when you put a colored cart in it just gets contaminated or inks start to wick out.
You can contact Linda H.shes an awesome and very well knowledgeable sales exec for Rjettek. You can ask her many many questions on process and technique.

CBR-SME 8/10

I used CBR-SME for purchasing universal black cartridge tops for Lexmark 70/50/80 series as well as Lexmark 10n cartridge tops. I also purchase a lot of plug buster solution from them to help with unclogging Lexmark black pigmented ink
CBR SME provided me with a 32oz FREE bottle of their plug buster solution and it really really works well. I was able to unplug many of my stubborn Lexmark 70 and 50 dried up carts.

Oliser-tr

This is another great company which sells from Turkey or the UKI must say they have very fast shipping and good support. I purchased a couple of machines from them and they provide excellent support.

TB Accessori (not sure how you spell the Brazilian company)

I purchased an awesome centrifuge from them that is quiet and spins at 2 speeds , 1500rpm and 3300rpm.

If I had the knowledge I had about 2-3yrs ago when I first started off I would of purchased only one machine and it would have been the Speedbrite machine.

Im not trying to sell you only on Speedbrite and Im not a sales person for them!!!!! I just find you get the best bang for your buck using their machines and you dont have to worry about the unit breaking down after 3 months, the motor dieing or poorly packaged delivery shipments from them. Ive had my speedbrite machine for about 2yrs and its still running strong. Im probably going to by another machine from them just to have as a back up because you never know when anything can go downso better safe than sorry. Plus if my machine goes down I would be in BIG TROUBLE.

3 years ago I started refilling and remanufacturing cartridges and started refilling about 10 cartridges a month (very slow). Once people start hearing about you they keep knocking on your door..Now I refill and remanufacture about 2000 cartridges a month.

One more thing!!!!!!!!!!!! Speedbrites machine doesn't need a seperate air compressor to operate their machine or vacuum. Most machines you need a seperate air compressor to get it going but The speedbrite machine works off of power from any outlet.

Hope this helps!

refiller

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi ,

Well its also same with catridge express machine you do not need extra equipment.