Inkjet printer that has a white ink option

Roberto Smith

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon
I have a hobby that I also use to make some extra cash and that is making stickers for toys. I currently have a Pixma Pro 100s with third party replacement inks. I normally use white vinyl sticker material to print on but get the odd request for stickers on a transparent medium. So far I haven't invested in an inkjet with white ink but want to start looking at options. Does anyone own a good one or have any knowledge / recommendations for one?

This would be the requirements:

1) Good image quality and can print on transparent sticker material.
2) Purchase cost not excessive (maybe £500-600 max?)
3) Ideally refillable inks, with the option for good third party inks not poor quality ones!

I'm in the UK so won't have the same options for non OEM inks that people in the US have, for instance we don't have a distributor for Precision Colors inks in the UK (as far as I know anyway).

Tony4597

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Surecolor SC P800
I suspect you may be out of luck finding an inkjet printer that uses white ink that fit within your budget. AFAIK most if not all use CMYK inks and additional inks to extend gamut capabilities none use or substitute white.

It maybe worthwhile investigating DTG printers that use white ink. They may fulfil your needs although new ones may exceed your budget.

blue_lazer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother HL-L3290CDW
You can look into DTF, however, it will be around 2x your budget. DTF also requires daily maintenance.

You can also look into Ghost white toner. However, I’m not very familiar with it and not sure how you can print white and color in one pass.

blue_lazer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother HL-L3290CDW
https://www.oki.com/uk/printing/products/colour/graphic-arts/white-toner-series/index.html
White ink is never needed when printing to clear transparent vinyl, the backround surface it sticks to become the colour, so it’s only a matter of which colour you choose for the text..
I think op wants to be able to print opaque white onto transparent material.

Actual white toner printers like the ones Oki and Uninet offers are another option, however that requires a much bigger budget.

ozzy12

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
prusa 3d
A few options for inkjet printers that can print on transparent material and have good image quality within your budget include the Epson SureColor P800, the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000, and the HP DesignJet Z9+ Printer. These printers are known for their high-quality print output, but they may be more expensive than your budget.

Another option is the Canon PIXMA Pro-100, which is known for its excellent color accuracy and wide color gamut, and it can handle a wide variety of media types, including transparent film. It also can use third party inks and is less expensive than the above mentioned.
If you do a bit of searching here or Amazon, you will find many positive comments. And a few negative. I personally used it It's a fine printer. It is large, and heavy.

It is important to note that when using third-party inks, the color output may vary slightly from the original inks, and the print longevity may also be affected. It is recommended to research and test the third party inks you plan to use before purchasing the printer.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
If anyone wants to get second hand oki printer make sure you get seller to print maintenance report to see remaining component life and research what replacements cost is, availability.

Latest posts