Inkjet Printable Vinyl

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
I have in stock Inkjet Printable Vinyl from a large Chinese manufacturer. This media was printed on my Epson ET 7750 which had the original 4 dyes and one black pigment inks.
The print was water tested under a running tap and soaked in a bowl of water for a few days. The results were perfect. Many months later the ink was replaced with a spare set of bottles supplied with the original purchase of the printer. i.e. The same reference inks with 4 dyes and one black pigment ink. The result was a total water test failure. The vinyl manufacturer has no idea why this happened, does anyone have any ideas?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Many months later
What happened since then - you state that you replaced the inks from a spare set of bottles - supposedly the same OEM inks as they came with the printer.

But what happened with the paper - are you still printing from the same roll or out of the same box ? The main stabilizer for the the durability under water is the coating on the paper - that it does not dissolve again after it got into contact with the ink solvent - it dries up with the colorant and should not dissolve again, so I think it's something with the paper - e.g. a different type - the same type but with some hidden changes to the coating since you used it earlier.

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Your explanation seems to be the only logical reason. However, this stock is the same manufactured batch as the original. :oops:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I don't have another explanation than a running change of some material in production - the resin of the coating; you may try other vinyl papers if they show the same effect or are waterstable as you need it.

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Thank you, as always, for your kind attention.

Latest posts