Inkcessories : Hell in a handbasket??

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Websnail,.. I'll make your a deal. I'll do the shopping for you if you do some for me. In the UK you can buy the CD Trays for Canon Printers. I have to buy them here on ebay. Check and see how much you have to pay for them there.

The problem with shipping to the UK is that everytlhing is expensive unless you have many items to ship. I'll check the cost from several US shippers and let you know what it is.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Trigger 37 said:
Websnail,.. I'll make your a deal. I'll do the shopping for you if you do some for me. In the UK you can buy the CD Trays for Canon Printers. I have to buy them here on ebay. Check and see how much you have to pay for them there.

The problem with shipping to the UK is that everytlhing is expensive unless you have many items to ship. I'll check the cost from several US shippers and let you know what it is.
CD-Trays... You want Cd-trays? Well hell, why didn't you say so :) I have a few of those that just never get used and I was planning on ebaying them anyways.

Tell you what, time to switch to PM and email I reckon...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
websnail said:
stratman said:
Just called Canon and told a printhead for my MP830 would be to Ohio

New: $34.69 + $6 ground shipping

Refurbished: $17.25 + $6 ground shipping

It appears Canon does have reasonable prices on parts, at least to my location.

*Who would buy a Refurbished Printhead?*
WTF?! In the UK we're talking 35 + shipping which is near enough double with the exchange rate...

Don't suppose you want to do some shopping for me now do you? :D
What do you want?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
stratman said:
What do you want?
Thanks Stratman... I've been chatting to Trigger so I think things may be set there, pending timezones and chance to respond.. As it goes i got lucky yesterday and got one of the heads I needed and the other two were ordered before from a UK reseller before I realised the price difference (impatience costs it seems) so I'm actually ok at the moment.

I'm looking into CD-trays though as obviously that's something we tend to have more of over here... I'll keep you posted.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Websnail:

I read the post from Trigger afterwards and figured you two were set. Funny how one side of the planet has cheaper printheads while the other has cheaper Cd trays. You'd think the printheads would cost about the same there and here. We're fortunate to have a great forum like this where people are helpful. Hope it works out for you across the pond!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
stratman said:
I read the post from Trigger afterwards and figured you two were set. Funny how one side of the planet has cheaper printheads while the other has cheaper Cd trays.
Don't get me started... Adobe softwares policy on pricing makes my blood boil!... As for the trays... we actually have the trays here. Ironic that you have to get them imported to you guys under plain wrapper isn't it :/

We're fortunate to have a great forum like this where people are helpful. Hope it works out for you across the pond!
Definitely... :) Thanks..

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Trigger 37 said:
Websnail, I just check the prices of a few items for the iP4200 printer from Canon. There service over the phone is the abosolute best. Here are the prices I got including shipping to Norhtern Calif.

Printhead = $33.49, total including shipping was $41,87
Lower Paper tray = $13.86
Access Door = $6.42

I have ordered other parts before and combined shipping and they didn't increase the charge for shipping unless the other part was a lot heavier.

In the past year I have ordered many of the older printheads for the i560, i850, MP730, etc. and they typically have been about $35 including shipping. All I know is that if I want a part, Canon always has it, and I've not found a place that can sell it cheaper.

They all have to buy their parts from Canon, unless they are refurbishing the parts themselves. Things that I have purchased from them include, Printheads, Purge units, MP730 Paper feed Asm, timing strips, drive belts, Input paper trays, output paper trays, and complete refurbished printers and multifuntion units.
Hi Trigger 37, apart from the above-mentioned listed parts you had purchased, have you ever buy & replace any canon circuit board inside?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well just as a follow up.

I've been waiting 2 weeks now and had absolutely no response from Inkcessories at all so I can only assume that the company has hit rock bottom. Add to that, a visit to the site now will show a completely new site and name "OSD" so it's anyones guess what's happened to the company.

Net result is that I've stopped using them completely and frankly I couldn't recommend them anymore... I think the message is to steer well clear.

shiloh

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, I live in Adelaide Australia, bought 40 canon cartridges in December 2007, did not recieve, so complained in January 2008, recieved 12 cartridges only, so complained, 15 emails ect, and they agreed to send 28 more, have not recieved, so emailed them, I now find I am barred from their site. No wonder Ebay has derigistered them, They are crooks, DONT BUY FROM THEM, and please pass this message onto all threads.

Craigg64

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi
I am in Adelaide Aust also. Ordered a new print head for my IP3000 & ink deal from them a few weeks ago. The print head came and no ink. Been sending emails with no replies, even from the new OSD site. Then they have the nerve to send me another special offer email. It did have a phone number on it that I was able to call from Aust (not a 1800 Number) unfortunately got an answer machine. Looks like I have lost US $40.

A pitty they do have cheap printhead prices. Is there other printhead dealers other users use.

Cheers